No date change !!!!

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
simchaba

No date change !!!!

Post by simchaba »

The hour didn"t change on my forum, but it dids with the rest of my server..
Timestamp are good, and still one hour late in the forum
http://www.ludomac.com/net/forums
hsim

Post by hsim »

is there any way to "calculate" the day summertime/wintertime is switched? (Don't think so)
email me: hsim at gmx.li
SamG

Post by SamG »

I think since phpBB picks up its time as Unix time, there will be no automatic change. You have to make it manually, I believe.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

Post by Guest »

my server is under MacOS X Server 10.1.3, when doinf a date("G:i"); i've got the right time on a blank php page.
it's actually summer time in france.. and the forum is still in winter time look strange....
hsim

Post by hsim »

phpBB is using gmdate
simchaba

Post by simchaba »

also under a term when doing a date i have the right time..
so any idea???
simchaba

Post by simchaba »

This mean this is a bug in php.???? problem with gmdate, cause it doesn't know that we are in summertime... my gmt is well configured on the forum...
hsim

Post by hsim »

gmt knows nothing about summertime, that's the problem (and won't get fixed in 2.0)
simchaba

Post by simchaba »

arghhhh!!!
this mean my user will stay with winter time.. right.. or i've to change the code everywhere to put date instead of gmdate....!!!
I just want people to have local server time£..!!
hsim

Post by hsim »

just edit your [badbd5]includes/functions.php[/badbd5] replace[code:1adbd5]return ( !empty($translate) ) ? strtr(@gmdate($format, $gmepoch + (3600 * $tz)), $translate) : @gmdate($format, $gmepoch + (3600 * $tz));[/code:1adbd5] with [code:1adbd5]return ( !empty($translate) ) ? strtr(@date($format, $gmepoch), $translate) : @date($format, $gmepoch));[/code:1adbd5]