Sql Problem adding..

Discussion on a SQL Parser for EasyMOD
icedev

Sql Problem adding..

Post by icedev »

Now I have to Run the following command on my sql database, this one :

Code: Select all

# Run the following command on your sql database (replace phpbb_ with your db prefix) before you edit the files!
ALTER TABLE phpbb_topics ADD FULLTEXT (topic_title);
Now what I not understand is should I write this exactly like

ALTER TABLE phpbb_topics ADD FULLTEXT (topic_title)
to http://sql.phpmix.com/index.php" target="_blank to get the sql.php for install via explorer.There is saying (replace phpbb_with your db prefix) How you do this ??

Nightrider

Re: Sql Problem adding..

Post by Nightrider »

ALTER TABLE phpbb_topics ADD FULLTEXT (topic_title);
This is a valid SQL statement and should run fine when applying to your database when entered just as you see it above...

Are you writing a MOD? Unless you are attempting to create a DB Update file that you can run from your browser, there is no need for you to be running through the SQL Parser...
icedev wrote: There is saying (replace phpbb_with your db prefix) How you do this ??

The default phpBB table prefix is phpbb_. If you have renamed it to something else, you would have to change the SQL query accordingly. If you have to ask whether you need to do this, chances are that you don't because your phpBB table prefix is probably the default phpbb_. So if you chose icedev_ for your table prefix, you would change the SQL query above to this.

ALTER TABLE icedev_topics ADD FULLTEXT (topic_title);
I doubt that you need to change it though...