Making a non-forum register script

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
CssBoard

Making a non-forum register script

Post by CssBoard »

I was wondering how you would add a user to the phpBB3 database from a remote script. Like i have a website, and people can register for the site, and I want them to be registered on the forum automatically as well. Anyone know how to go about that?

Erik Frèrejean

Re: Making a non-forum register script

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

Yes for this you should use the user_add(...) function which is found in ./includes/functions_user.php :)
Available on .com
Support Toolkit developer

bladicito

Re: Making a non-forum register script

Post by bladicito »

Can you please let us know how to proceed?

i just installed the forum on my web site and was trying to "do not allow registrations" through the forum.
I just want that the users of my site get registered in the registration form of the home but I did not find the area in which I can set off the registration of the forum. can I just turn off this option?

The bridge is working, I can actually get my currently user loged in the forum (taken the data from joomla daba base) but I assume that if a new user wants to register using the form of the Forum , he/she will not get registered in the "regular data base ( the old one)"
can you please help me and give me some directions?
and also one more question:
the bidge is working but a loged user needs to login again once the home of the forum is reached- did I do something wrong?

thanks
bladimir