2.0.22 DB

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
xBlade

2.0.22 DB

Post by xBlade »

Hey guys i just started messing with the new version of phpbb and im still new to all this and as green as they come, i stumbled upon your site tonite looking for info and it seemed to be this qwas the place to check out. So what im looking for is a way to install my DB from my 2.0.22 forums on to this version if thats possible or if its simply done through upgradeing to this version thus keeping the exsisting DB in place. Any help on this matter would be much appriciated as im still trying to learn how to query properly and re installing a db to the same version of phpbb. If anyone has some very much needed info i would great appriciate any help you can toss my way.

Thanks in Advance
xBlade

Nicholas the Italian

Re: 2.0.22 DB

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Not sure what you're asking for, how to upgrade from 2.0.22 to v. 3?
Well, just install the 3.0.RC1 package, install it normally (on the same site but different folder from phpbb2), and then choose to convert your phpbb2 board.
When you're done, you can erase old phpbb2 tables and files.

By the way, the right place for such questions is http://www.phpbb.com.