"Views" count for topics (suggestion)

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
eeeeeel

"Views" count for topics (suggestion)

Post by eeeeeel »

I often check back on topics that I've created to see who's replied or just to re-read what I've written (OCD habit). My return visits raise the "Views" count for these topics, skewing the number (often by a lot). Should phpbb be set to ignore return visits by the topic's creator? Can this be set as an option?

Thanks!

search

Re: "Views" count for topics (suggestion)

Post by search »

cmon can this guy get a reply (answer).. i wanna know too

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Currently no. phpBB3 is feature frozen so you will need to make a request next time the request tracker is up for 3.2/3.4

Spiros-

Post by Spiros- »

... or you can wait until RC1 is out, so you can request a MOD to be made.

But I think that this is not a really hard thing to do if you know the basics of PHP. Just look at the source code of phpBB, you might be able to find out how to do it by yourself with a little PHP knowledge.

:)

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

It's actually quite trivial. There's a mod for this for 2.0.x, and I think it was all of about six lines of code, if that.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

search

Post by search »

Spiros- wrote:... or you can wait until RC1 is out, so you can request a MOD to be made.

:)
tight. its finally out.. you gonna make it now :) , but if somehow it was already in phpbb3 settings & were overlooked let us know

ecwpa

Post by ecwpa »

poyntesm wrote:Currently no. phpBB3 is feature frozen so you will need to make a request next time the request tracker is up for 3.2/3.4
then, this subforum must be closed, right?
Slightly better English than it was in 2005, still improving :D

eeeeeel

Post by eeeeeel »

search wrote:tight. its finally out.. you gonna make it now :) , but if somehow it was already in phpbb3 settings & were overlooked let us know
i'll look into it...