New Feature Questions

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
AsstChief7

New Feature Questions

Post by AsstChief7 »

In the ACP, Manage users, you can view the inactive users. There is an option at the bottom to Activate, Delete or Remind. What does the Remind feature do?

Next question, Maybe I am missing this, but in the Custom Profile Fields it mentions being able to Preview the results. How do you preview without logging out of ACP and going to user profile?

Thanks
Chief

Martin Blank

Re: New Feature Questions

Post by Martin Blank »

Remind sends out another e-mail to allow a user to activate the account. This can help in case the original message got lost in the masses.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

AsstChief7 wrote: In the ACP, Manage users, you can view the inactive users. There is an option at the bottom to Activate, Delete or Remind. What does the Remind feature do?
Sends another email to the user to remind them to click on the activation link, which is contained in the email.
Usually, I send out reminders once a week or two, and after about 2 months, you can be pretty sure that something is wrong with the email address the provided, or they really don't intend to signup after all, so I usually delete them...
AsstChief7 wrote: Next question, Maybe I am missing this, but in the Custom Profile Fields it mentions being able to Preview the results. How do you preview without logging out of ACP and going to user profile?
You're not missing anything. :)
You can just open another tab in FF or IE7 with the UCP profiles page to see it.

AsstChief7

Post by AsstChief7 »

Thanks again folks.

Chief

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

Read the forums rules please:
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way