Permissions system

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
eeMarko

Permissions system

Post by eeMarko »

ooooh maaaan, I'm so confused with that phpBB3 permissions system! :? :? :? :?
Please, don't say it's just a first time I use phpBB3. It's not a first time I'm testing it and I'm always sooo badly messed up! :? I just set permissions, but when I come back next day they seem to be all changed or something. Please, can phpBB team put that all in one place?
Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Re: Permissions system

Post by Highway of Life »

They are all in one place... they even have permission roles already setup for you to use.
They are under ACP > Permissions
Everything is there: User Permissions, Group Permissions, Forum Permissions, Moderator Permissions, Admin Permissions, Group Forum Permissions... etc.
It will take you a while to get the hang of the extensive permissions system, so give it some time... play with it a lot, and in no time, you'll understand the inner workings of the system. :D
Kokuei

Post by Kokuei »

First, no feature requests in this phase of the development.

Second, read the documentation: http://www.phpbb.com/support/documentation/3.0/ on how to use the premissions.

Third, ask questions (preferably in the the beta support forum http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=46 ). We can't respond to wine.

Edit: Damn! Highway beats me to all posts today. :|
SHS`

Post by SHS` »

Kokuei wrote: We can't respond to wine.

I'd respond to any fine wine. Whine is what I cannot tolerate though. ;)
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way