phpBB 3.2

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Nicholas the Italian

Re: phpBB 3.2

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Otra wrote: Ya know, this is simply NOT a friendly forum at all. I have to be directed to another post (or posts) simply because I thought I'd insert the comment in here about prosilver? Geez, I only said I liked it and was not trying to start some huge conversation, and I wanted something nice and friendly in my post. What is wrong with everyone here that they have to jump on everyone's back for everything?

Seriously, are you paranoid?
I've reread all the posts. Until half an hour ago, NOONE had ever tried to attack you. You really made all this by yourself. So, if you feel you have to compain against someone, please complain here.
My indication was an hint to a place where such things were deeply discussed and you can find all the info you need. Is this being non-friendly? Ok, I'll refrain from trying to be helpful next time.
Enough for me. Let's test that foes feature and see whether it is really of some use.
Eelke wrote: I think you're the only person who is trying to make a fight out of this

Quoted.
Otra

Post by Otra »

Nicholas the Italian wrote: I've reread all the posts. Until half an hour ago, NOONE had ever tried to attack you. You really made all this by yourself. So, if you feel you have to compain against someone, please complain here.
My indication was an hint to a place where such things were deeply discussed and you can find all the info you need. Is this being non-friendly? Ok, I'll refrain from trying to be helpful next time.
Enough for me. Let's test that foes feature and see whether it is really of some use.

Since I'm on this idiot's foe list, if he doesn't see it, then this is for everyone else.

I never said I was attacked. I said people jumped on my back about it. What does this mean? It means that a big deal was made out of nothing, and IT DOESN'T STOP. For God's sake, am I allowed an opinion without someone having to explain things over and over to me? Contrary to what you might think, I might be a *beep*, but I'm not an idiot.

I come here, voice an opinion, apologize when I realized that the info I was given (from posts close to a year ago at THIS VERY FORUM) had given me a bad attitude, and it doesn't stop. Then I just try to make a nice comment on Prosilver, and I have to basically be told how it should be discussed in another thread.

So far, I've only met one person here that's been kind and has allowed me my opinion. Everyone is allowed an opinion. Please let me have mine without being jumped on for everything. I haven't been rude, I just like the QR Box and feel it would be a fantastic feature that I wish was in the forum by default. It would save me time, make my life easier, and it appears that at least a few others want it. I think it would be beyond fantastic to have it built in, and just defaulted to off, or even have to add or remove a line of code to make it work. Why is it so hard to accept that others think differently then you?

Now, leave me alone. Why bother, actually. I'll only come back to defend myself against the next person who hates me for not thinking like them. I still say this is not a friendly forum. Perhaps if you let others have their own opinion, this bit of idiocy would not have gone for page after page.
Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Otra wrote: Then I just try to make a nice comment on Prosilver, and I have to basically be told how it should be discussed in another thread.

Again - NO. I told you where you could find some (= a lot of) discussion about "I hope profile can be moved to the left". I though you would be interested, but maybe you already knew about it. If so, ok, you could just say "thanks, I know, I was just making a comment".
I haven't been rude, I just like the QR Box and feel it would be a fantastic feature that I wish was in the forum by default. It would save me time, make my life easier, and it appears that at least a few others want it. I think it would be beyond fantastic to have it built in, and just defaulted to off, or even have to add or remove a line of code to make it work.

And I, for what matters, agree 100% with you, like I've been saying since the very first moment.
I'll only come back to defend myself against the next person who hates me for not thinking like them.

It's kinda funny actually. Not only I do not dislike you, but I also like the opinions you had. I just didn't like you accusing other people of something no one ever did, or meant to do, that is jumping on you.
I'd say that it looks like we're speaking different languages, which is quite true, since I'm not English, so maybe I missed some particoular nuance of meaning hidden in some words - if so, well, I'm sorry, I meant no hurt and it hurts when you're blamed for meaning hurt when you were not. Blah, what a sentence.

This is by far the most senseless discussion I've been seeing lately and I'm starting to feel a bit idiot for bringing it so far, so I suggest to close it here and now.
If you have any other issue drop me a PM, the ones following this thread can go and watch Beautiful if they like the genre.
SamG

Post by SamG »

Otra wrote: So far, I've only met one person here that's been kind and has allowed me my opinion.
I'm not sure you're being entirely fair. You've really had two opinions. You've expressed an opinion about a feature, QR, and you're entitled to it as far as I'm concerned. You're not the only one holding that opinion, and it seems to me that it's not an unreasonable position to take.

The other opinion that you expressed in your first post, that the developers were being selfish, etc., for having and implementing a different opinion of the same feature, is less defensible, IMHO. You did later seem to back off somewhat from that kind of rhetoric, and people (like me) who reacted to that opinion have since left you alone, allowing you your opinion about QR itself.

So, to be fair and kind to the rest of us, do understand that it's one thing to jump on your back about QR itself (and I can understand why you'd object to that) and quite another to object to your analysis of the development team, who as a group so far think differently about QR than you do. For what it's worth, there are several people here who disagree with you about QR but who are certainly more than willing to allow you your opinion.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood