phpBB 3.2

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
juuldr

phpBB 3.2

Post by juuldr »

Oke, i have searched but not found... Where can I find information about 3.2 and from when you can add you own features?

Martin Blank

Re: phpBB 3.2

Post by Martin Blank »

Once phpBB 3.0 has been released, requests for new features may be allowed, though perhaps not even then as the plan is to integrate much of what was dropped from 3.0 into 3.2, so you may have to wait for 3.4. Until then, the feature request tracker is closed.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

juuldr

Post by juuldr »

Martin Blank wrote: Once phpBB 3.0 has been released, requests for new features may be allowed, though perhaps not even then as the plan is to integrate much of what was dropped from 3.0 into 3.2, so you may have to wait for 3.4. Until then, the feature request tracker is closed.

Are you sure I don't may do an feature request after the release of phpBB 3.0 i know a few nice things...

Tienchen

Post by Tienchen »

Well, phpBB can't have everything built-in, even not in version 4 or 5. :D It is only a forum software, not a CMS-forum-chat-download-allincluded-software. But you can create mods. ;)
If you rally think, your ideas should be implemented in your forum, write them into your Beta5 testboard, and when it is updated to Gold, then copy it here. :D
I don't like these cold, precise, perfect people, who, in order not to speak wrong, never speak at all, and in order not to do wrong, never do anything. (Henry Ward Beecher)
Die Stifthelden

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

juuldr wrote: Are you sure I don't may do an feature request after the release of phpBB 3.0 i know a few nice things...

No, I'm not sure, as they may well open the feature request once 3.0 goes gold. However, due to the number of significant items that were cut from 3.0, they may continue on a feature freeze for 3.2. I don't know what they've decided at this point.

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Last I heard (and remember) they were not going to open up the feature requests until 3.4
Although it was not a definite answer, it's the best guess we have at the moment.

The system I really look forward to seeing is the cron system, other than that, everything else can be a MOD.

marosell

Post by marosell »

CRON!!! Yes, can't wait for cron. It's been a while since I last thought of it and the stuff I'll [hopefully] be able to do with it.

*scurries off excitedly*

juuldr

Post by juuldr »

marosell wrote: CRON!!! Yes, can't wait for cron. It's been a while since I last thought of it and the stuff I'll [hopefully] be able to do with it.

*scurries off excitedly*

What can you do just with the cron system? :?:

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

You can schedule tasks to run at particular times. What kinds of tasks they will allow has not really been made clear, TMK.

ecwpa

Post by ecwpa »

3.2's gonna have some ajax too?
Slightly better English than it was in 2005, still improving :D