phpBB 3.2

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Post Reply
User avatar
Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team
Posts: 751
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: phpBB 3.2

Post by Kevin Clark »

angelside wrote: I wait "soft delete" but not :(

Just make a hidden forum and move the posts into there instead.
Image
angelside
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:27 am

Re: phpBB 3.2

Post by angelside »

Kevin Clark wrote: Just make a hidden forum and move the posts into there instead.


you way is "bin mod", not soft delete, maybe unapprove?

phpBB3 Portal | simple portal for phpBB3 Olympus
phpBB3 Project | phpBB3 mods, add-ons, themes, graphics
phpBB Türkiye | Turkish phpBB community
Nicolas Fraga
Registered User
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: phpBB 3.2

Post by Nicolas Fraga »

The phpBB 3.2.x will have OpenID system? :P
The Best Regards, Nicolas Fraga

My Styles and mods | My Portfolio | My Downloads
User avatar
Handyman
Registered User
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:09 am
Location: Where no man has gone before!
Contact:

Re: phpBB 3.2

Post by Handyman »

Nicolas Fraga wrote: The phpBB 3.2.x will have OpenID system? :P

Going by what Acyd Burn said back in November, it appears that it will.
I just found out about the OPenID System back in November… very cool :)
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

Image
User avatar
DoubleJ
Registered User
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:19 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: phpBB 3.2

Post by DoubleJ »

wouldn't a modrewrite url be the thing.
I've seen a mod for phpBB2 with these 'user friendly' urls
but viewforum-1.html is not really a user friendly url.
and creating urls like:
domain.com/viewtopic/Your-topic-name/
requires all your topic names to be unique, or you could include the date in the url.

The thing is, this only makes it forum urls userfriendly as search engines can easily handle the current urls.
DoubleJ - Blah
User avatar
Handyman
Registered User
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:09 am
Location: Where no man has gone before!
Contact:

Re: phpBB 3.2

Post by Handyman »

DoubleJ wrote: wouldn't a modrewrite url be the thing.
I've seen a mod for phpBB2 with these 'user friendly' urls
but viewforum-1.html is not really a user friendly url.
and creating urls like:
domain.com/viewtopic/Your-topic-name/
requires all your topic names to be unique, or you could include the date in the url.

The thing is, this only makes it forum urls userfriendly as search engines can easily handle the current urls.

What kind of urls are you looking for? VB does f5t38-VBulletin_forum.html
if you are commenting on OpenID, that has nothing to do with URLs.
It's basically an internet wide user system, so you have a permanent Internet ID for wherever you go that supports OpenID.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

Image
Nicolas Fraga
Registered User
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: phpBB 3.2

Post by Nicolas Fraga »

phpBB 3.2 will can have friendly' urls

In ACP will can have a option to administrator choose if he want or don't want friendly' urls system in your board.

PS.: My english now is poor, hsuehushuehuse
The Best Regards, Nicolas Fraga

My Styles and mods | My Portfolio | My Downloads
User avatar
Otra
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:37 am

Re: phpBB 3.2

Post by Otra »

I love phpBB, and I use it on a large popular forum, but I won't use V3 without Quick Reply. I think it's rude that they won't do this, as it is obviously wanted by a lot of people. I could have sworn they were making this for us, and not for them. If you make software for others, like us, then don't you want to put in the features that they want?

Have it default to off. Have it so you need to put a special line in the code. Something, but if the public - the same public who uses their software - wants a feature THIS strongly, and they outright refuse to do it, then they are not thinking of anyone but themselves.

I really love phpBB. It's my favourite forum software out, and V3 looks outright incredible. I applaud the amazing work they've done, but I'm amazingly disappointed that they won't put in a feature so many people want.
User avatar
Handyman
Registered User
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:09 am
Location: Where no man has gone before!
Contact:

Re: phpBB 3.2

Post by Handyman »

Otra wrote: I love phpBB, and I use it on a large popular forum, but I won't use V3 without Quick Reply. I think it's rude that they won't do this, as it is obviously wanted by a lot of people. I could have sworn they were making this for us, and not for them. If you make software for others, like us, then don't you want to put in the features that they want?

Have it default to off. Have it so you need to put a special line in the code. Something, but if the public - the same public who uses their software - wants a feature THIS strongly, and they outright refuse to do it, then they are not thinking of anyone but themselves.

I really love phpBB. It's my favourite forum software out, and V3 looks outright incredible. I applaud the amazing work they've done, but I'm amazingly disappointed that they won't put in a feature so many people want.

They have stated their reasons for not adding that… and I think it's a respectable one.
If you want the quick reply, it's already available for phpBB3… so if you really want it on your forum, just install the mod.

You can't add all the features that are requested into a forum… I don't know of any forum software that does… that's what mods are for.
VB has a huge database of mods and yet they have more built in features than phpBB3… but VB, by default, is really server heavy… phpBB3 is not :)
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

Image
User avatar
wingnut144
Registered User
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:46 pm
Location: Idaho

Re: phpBB 3.2

Post by wingnut144 »

Otra wrote: I think it's rude that they won't do this, as it is obviously wanted by a lot of people. I could have sworn they were making this for us, and not for them. If you make software for others, like us, then don't you want to put in the features that they want?


Thats the thing, there AREN'T a lot of people who want it....... :roll: There are just a very few, very vocal ones who keep complaining because its not in the core code.... which I am very happy about.....

So, to the devs, thanks for listening to the bulk of the users, and not bending to the loud ones who complain......
Post Reply