Gender Icons in topicview / etc.

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
iyeru42

Re: Gender Icons in topicview / etc.

Post by iyeru42 »

dhn wrote:
Uchiha Nick wrote: but in order to do so- you need to know more, right?

Look at it this way:

The more you learn about the phpBB2 engine, the less powerful you'll feel.
The more you learn about the phpBB3 engine, the more powerful you'll become.
Uchiha Nick wrote: about the <!-- IF --> things built in by phpBB of course :)

We will try to offer you as much guidance as possible. I expect people to have far less problems getting used to the 3.0 system, than people had when 2.0 was released almost 5 years ago. People tend to invest more energy when they get more out of it (if it is at a reasonable relation, which we more than believe it is).

The IF Comment statement reminds me of IPB 1.3.1 Final in the Template Management via the ACP (Where you could edit template bits. And another question, will phpBB3 allow you to edit skin templates via the ACP rather than via FTP?
Danopia: wats wrong with windows server?
Iyeru: Everything
Danopia: r u another stereotyper?
Iyeru: No, I'm not a stereotyper.
Iyeru: In fact, I don't think I can type in stereo.

dhn

Post by dhn »

iyeru42 wrote: The IF Comment statement reminds me of IPB 1.3.1 Final in the Template Management via the ACP (Where you could edit template bits.

It should remind you of any half decent templating system. Olympus' new template system was in place back in 2002/2003 as one of its first features.
iyeru42 wrote: And another question, will phpBB3 allow you to edit skin templates via the ACP rather than via FTP?

Yes, it is possible to edit templates via the ACP.

iyeru42

Post by iyeru42 »

That's a good thing, because then I won't have to use eXtreme Styles to edit the actual template bits.
dhn wrote:
iyeru42 wrote: The IF Comment statement reminds me of IPB 1.3.1 Final in the Template Management via the ACP (Where you could edit template bits.

It should remind you of any half decent templating system. Olympus' new template system was in place back in 2002/2003 as one of its first features.

Just what I expected from phpBB, since it did come out before IPB 1.1 I believe.

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

DHN, the coding guidelines were an excellent help in getting to know the phpBB3 system... that made it very easy.
So if anybody wants to get a good grip on how phpBB3 works, that's an excellent place to start.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

iyeru42

Post by iyeru42 »

Okay, so I've got a few more questions I'd like to ask, and then I'll probably be done.

Question 1
Will there be a quick reply in the RC versions? If so, when do you expect the RC versions to be released? (I currently use the Beta4 version, and to tell you the truth the stability is astounding for a beta version.)

Question 2
Think there'll be a possibility of a topic description? (Like in IPB?)

Question 3
Since phpBB3 will be introducing the new API System, is the new easyMOD System going to take advantage of this? If so, how long do you think it'll take for easyMOD to be released in non-beta version for phpBB3?

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

iyeru42 wrote: Okay, so I've got a few more questions I'd like to ask, and then I'll probably be done.

Question 1
Will there be a quick reply in the RC versions? If so, when do you expect the RC versions to be released? (I currently use the Beta4 version, and to tell you the truth the stability is astounding for a beta version.)

Question 2
Think there'll be a possibility of a topic description? (Like in IPB?)

Question 3
Since phpBB3 will be introducing the new API System, is the new easyMOD System going to take advantage of this? If so, how long do you think it'll take for easyMOD to be released in non-beta version for phpBB3?

#1) it has been made very clear that phpBB3 is feature frozen, so no Quick reply will be added.
A quick reply mod has been made.

#2) See #1... and that mod has been made as well.

#3) EasyMod for phpBB2 has been in Beta for a very long time... and is still in Beta for phpBB2.
so I wouldn't expect to much and maybe you will be surprised.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply