New permissions screen discussion..

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Lastof

Re: New permissions screen discussion..

Post by Lastof »

Is that not what "Can post in forum" is?
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Lastof wrote: Is that not what "Can post in forum" is?

No, that combines Can Post and Can Start Topic, which should be 2. :P

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

So, what is "Can reply to posts"?

My understanding was (I'm too lasy to test it now, but, I think I'm right) that "Post" refers to a topic, and "reply" refers to a reply.

EDIT: Ok, last bit was a lie. I decided I would test it, and, it appears I'm correct.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

Lastof wrote: So, what is "Can reply to posts"?

My understanding was (I'm too lasy to test it now, but, I think I'm right) that "Post" refers to a topic, and "reply" refers to a reply.

EDIT: Ok, last bit was a lie. I decided I would test it, and, it appears I'm correct.

ok... cool.
Now I wonder if they have an option for New topics on mod queue.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

I can't spot one of them, and can never remember one in the past, so, I don't think so.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Lastof wrote: So, what is "Can reply to posts"?

I completely forgot about that part! :mrgreen:

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Ok, I think I got confused on that part before.

"Can post in forum" should be something like "Can start topics in forum".

_Kilian_

Post by _Kilian_ »

I would also really like to have a permissions to only validate the first post of a topic.. so.. somthing like the topic start permissions mentions before. I would only need to review the first posts and the rest doens't need approval..

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

EXreaction wrote: "Can post in forum" should be something like "Can start topics in forum".

Reported here.
Please do a check of the terminology used both in *CP and public areas, clarity is IMHO something that should be achieved (as far as possible) not only for phpBB admins and users but also for the sake (and mental sanity) of the support staff. Come on, we don't want people to commit suicide after having being asked for the millionth time "What does this mean..." ;)

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Nicholas the Italian wrote: Come on, we don't want people to commit suicide after having being asked for the millionth time "What does this mean..." ;)
This is a very valid fear.

Moderation Queue is applied to both posts... er... new topics AND replies.