Language selection

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
bjongen

Language selection

Post by bjongen »

Hello everybody ...

First of all, the best whishes for 2007 !
On my current phpbb2 board I am using a portal which allows visitors to choose a language on the main page of the site (and for registered and logged users, the profile language is used for the rest of the site as well). It is possible to change the language by simple entering www . site . com/index.php?language=german. Will something similar be possible with phpbb3. I am currently busy re-writing my site according to phpbb3 beta4 (of course nothing live yet) and I want to implement this various language options as wel. But at the moment I have really no idea of how to do this. I found that $user->data['user_lang'] will display the users language and I want to add a similar option list as on [ucp] --> [Forum preferences] --> [Edit global settings] to the main site header. I hope this question is not against this boards rules, as I have no intent to edit the phpbb3 files. I just want to get the rest of my site ready for the moment RC1 is released ... I hope anybody has any ideas and is willing to help me. Many thanks in advance, regards, Bart ( http://www.chrisrea.nl )
Last edited by bjongen on Sat May 26, 2007 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dirk67

Re: Language selection

Post by Dirk67 »

yes, I need the same feature / mod
did you found some solution in the meantime ?
bjongen

Re: Language selection

Post by bjongen »

Dirk67 wrote:yes, I need the same feature / mod
did you found some solution in the meantime ?
Yes, I did (at least, someone was so kind to write it for me!)

You can find LEW21 (THANK YOU!) script HERE