Enabling Posters to Upload Photos

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
sfyakan

Enabling Posters to Upload Photos

Post by sfyakan »

I am new to phpBB -- having just installed this forum on my website. My website focuses on birds and the ability to upload photos may be the key requirement for my forum to be successful.

As it is now, I can't figure out how to adjust it so that photos can be uploaded and I couldn't see anything in the documentation regarding this issue, which leads me to believe that this feature is not currently available. If not, will it be in the future?

I would be glad to pay extra for this additional feature. If anyone can help me make it happen, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Sibylle
http://www.avianweb.com

karlsemple

Re: Enabling Posters to Upload Photos

Post by karlsemple »

Which version of phpBB have you installed? How about a link to the forum?

Waleed

Post by Waleed »

If you have phpBB3, then it has an attachment system by default. If you have phpBB2, then you can install the Attachment MOD.

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Assuming you have installed phpBB3:
Are you wanting a Photo Gallery in the forum?
If so... it's not a built-in feature, and although Handyman is working on that MOD, it's not available yet...
Otherwise, users can upload attachments (photos) in posts... that feature is already available by default.

Assuming you have installed phpBB2:
This is actually the wrong forum to be asking...
You want to go ask in http://phpbb.com/phpBB
There are a couple of Gallery MODs for phpBB 2.0.x but if ask over there, they'll be able to point you to the right MOD.

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

Wrong forum, and betas of phpBB3 in live environments are unsupported. How hard is it for people to read announcements like they are supposed to?
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way