a global admin template in phpBB3?; a problem in phpBB2.

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
mezmorizing

a global admin template in phpBB3?; a problem in phpBB2.

Post by mezmorizing »

First of all I'd like to apologise if I have started this thread in the incorrect forum. I placed it here because...

A hear that a new feature of phpBB3 is that there is only one global admin template, is this true?

I have tried multiple times to install the Global Admin Template (by Thoul) without success - I am using the newest version of pbpBB2, i believe .21

A have just come back after a very long break from using the net so I feel like a Newbie again. Before my break I did accomplish what I wanted to do, which is to have one globabl admin template. I placed the default subsilver admin template at forum_root/templates/admin and changed a line of code, but I'm having trouble finding it.

I thought it was in includes/functions.php. I added the following:

Code: Select all

if ( defined('IN_ADMIN') )
	{
		$template->set_rootdir($phpbb_root_path . 'templates/admin');
	}
after...

$template = new Template($phpbb_root_path . $template_path . $template_name);
which does not work. I have created the new admin directory in templates/ but it says
Template->make_filename(): Error - file admin/index_frameset.tpl does not exist
. This file does exist though but I'm gathering that index_frameset.tpl is called first and if its not present then the error will come up - this then means though that the code that I added is not correct. It was from Thoul's MOD and is not the code change I did before. Last time I didn't add any code, just changed a line. Unfortunately now though I cannot find it and was wondering whether the new phpBB3 coded something similiar?

Any help will really be appreciated (and again sorry if it is in the wrong forum, or should have been posted at phpBB2's community).

mezmorizing.

Edit

I have changed template.php a little to show where the actual error is and recieve this:
Template->make_filename(): Error - file ./../templates/admin/admin/index_frameset.tpl does not exist

The file is actually located at templates/admin/index_frameset.tpl but I have no idea how to change it to this. Any ideas would really be appreciated.

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader

Re: a global admin template in phpBB3?; a problem in phpBB2.

Post by Paul »

{
      $template->set_rootdir($phpbb_root_path . 'templates');
   }
Will work, but isn't a good fix I think. The best fix is to remove admin/ from all admin_* files.

mezmorizing

Re: a global admin template in phpBB3?; a problem in phpBB2.

Post by mezmorizing »

paulus wrote:

{
      $template->set_rootdir($phpbb_root_path . 'templates');
   }
Will work, but isn't a good fix I think. The best fix is to remove admin/ from all admin_* files.

Thank you, paulus. I will use that as a quick fix and change over time.

Thanks for your help.

mezmorizing.