Language auto choose,----->Let the guest choose language.

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
sectionw

Re: Language auto choose,----->Let the guest choose language.

Post by sectionw »

This is definitely something i would like also, the option for the board to display in the preferred language from the browser, with the limitation from the language pack installed.
I made a hack in phpBB2 will look at doing the same for phpBB3 but IMO it shoud be standard on the board, display by language preference.

tuat

Re: Language auto choose,----->Let the guest choose language.

Post by tuat »

Well, I implemented this feature within the session.php of phpBB3.0-RC4. My intension was to let the user decide the language before entering the board, so I rather implemented this using a GET-variable and a cookie. As soon as the user is logged in, his/her settings are overwriting my hack.

Basically I am not a phpBB hacker, but it's working so far, except for one little bug I couldn't fix, yet: The localized images are still appearing in the default language.

I have no idea for what reason it doesn't display the correct images for "New Topic", "Reply", etc.. Maybe some more experienced phpBB coders could help here.

*tuat

mcjambi

Re: Language auto choose,----->Let the guest choose language

Post by mcjambi »

i want to ask if the language in phpbb can change any language automatically

MartinTruckenbrodt

Re: Language auto choose,----->Let the guest choose language

Post by MartinTruckenbrodt »

Hello,
there's a Oylmpus MOD called Enable Auto Language Detection offering your requested feature. The MOD is finishing not completed and remarked code in includes/session.php .

Bye Martin
Advanced Block MOD 1.1.1 has been released! - Prevent spam on your phpBB3 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists! - My MODs