Feature Question

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
BlueEew

Feature Question

Post by BlueEew »

Hi,

I was reading through the feature list and saw some feature's I am un-sure of what they will do.

-Allow/disallow access to different functions, dose this mean that the founder/main admin can give permissions to other admins?, limiting there permission's in the admin panel?

-Super moderators, will this be like the other forums where it as a super moderator key and they have more powers then an origonal moderator?

-List of warnings and reports, dose this mean that moderators can set warnings to members and a list will appaer somewhere saying how many warnings they have?

I would also like to know if the phpBB 3 feature allows to create more user key's like this forum, without using a MOD (modification)?

Thank's in advance,
BlueEew.
JuliusCaesar

Re: Feature Question

Post by JuliusCaesar »

1)correct:U can give each user individual rights,there're 3 types of permissions
-user permissions:(create posts,read topics.....)
-mod rights (delete psots,edit posts.....)
-admin rights(create forums,manage users.....)

2)there are actually no super mods any more,u can give each user individual mod rights

3)everybody can report posts,these reports can be viewed by a mod,and only mods can warn users

="blueeew"I would also like to know if the phpBB 3 feature allows to create more user key's like this forum, without using a MOD (modification)?

what do u mean by user keys????
u can create permissionm masks,for user,mod and admin permissions,eg standart user,full mod,forum admin
JuliusCaesar
APTX

Post by APTX »

The Super Moderator thing... they are called Global Moderators and the only thing that is different between a normal moderator and a global moderator is that the normal moderator permissions are per forum and global moderator permissions are for the whole board. this means that a global moderator could have less power than a normal mod but would be ale to use that power in every forum. :)
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!
BlueEew

Post by BlueEew »

Thank's for your help guy's. :D

You know the permission thing, can I as a admin set permission's on other admin's so they have limited acsess to the admin panel for example, I could allow them to have banning power's but not forum mangament.
jojobarjo32

Post by jojobarjo32 »

Yes, you can do that if you have the relevant permission yourself (a_aauth : Can alter admin permissions) or you are a founder.
I suggest you to install a copy of phpBB 3.0 Beta 2 then test it by yourself ;)
BlueEew

Post by BlueEew »

I cannot test the phpBB 3 as I have a free forum with ForumUp.org. I didn't know how to create a forum so I made one with them, and ForumUp's webmaster (Raulken) will upgrade to phpBB 3 when it's complete and checked by himeself.
Rotsblok

Post by Rotsblok »

grap easyphp (google it) and install it locally on your pc so you can have a play
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it