Captchas and Human Readability

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
phoenix-cms

Re: Captchas and Human Readability

Post by phoenix-cms »

well best capture i use on my project us hn_capture. i even have it running on my phpbb2 install

check it out

http://www.nogajski.de/horst/php/captcha/" target="_blank

mabe something you could look into and create similar effect

Steve
working on a cms to be intergrated with phpbb 3 without any major code changing to keep with phpbb 3 guidelines
Techie-Micheal

Post by Techie-Micheal »

phoenix-cms wrote: well best capture i use on my project us hn_capture. i even have it running on my phpbb2 install

check it out

http://www.nogajski.de/horst/php/captcha/" target="_blank

mabe something you could look into and create similar effect

Steve

Thanks, but Xore asked for feedback on what is currently being used, not third-party projects. :)
Fountain of Apples

Post by Fountain of Apples »

Most definitely the one I have the most trouble reading is the 3D Bitmap captcha. I don't have a screenshot handy (mostly because the site where my test board was hosted is down for DNS maintenance), however it's the one that looks like a floating wavy stick of bubble gum and has the letters protruding out of it. When I get a chance, I'll take a screen, or maybe someone else can take one.

I'm able to (eventually) make out the others, but I very rarely get the 3D Bitmap one correct.
A successful community begins with YOU. Tag, you're it.
Yawnster

Post by Yawnster »

Policy: Entropy
Problem: The H is nearly invisible (bottom right)
Screenshot: Entropy CAPTCHA

There is a serious issue with the entropy captcha and that font with the default settings on, I havent had the time to get the Visual Settings Admin working yet, but when I do ill do some more testing on the various others..

This particular one just happened to be the letter H, but with V, W, X, L.. I have also had trouble, all the same font, well letter distorsion, not sure how its done here, havent gone into the code yet..
AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat »

Would this be the CVS or the Beta1? I already posted a series of screenshots @ phpbb.com re. Beta1
"This is the place where the sun don't shine"
Yawnster

Post by Yawnster »

AlleyKat wrote: Would this be the CVS or the Beta1? I already posted a series of screenshots @ phpbb.com re. Beta1

My screenshots were based on a 3day old CVS, I decided not to bother updating as the CAPTCHA hadnt been updated within that timeframe..

Yawnster

PS.. Sorry if this wasnt aimed at me :P
AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat »

Well, I did mean Xore, but nevermind.
EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Well, it definatly needs some work, I have had a few complaints about the readibilty of it on my site. So I switched it to Overlap only, since it is extremely readable. I am not worried about spam at the moment anyways. ;)
naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

Such comments do not help us at all, can you please provide screenshots showing the problem, otherwise aren't able to improve the CAPTCHA since we haven't seen the problematic images.
AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat »

Hard to post screenshots if you don't know the version you're supposed to test.