A few feature comments and question

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
gutterballk7

Re: A few feature comments and question

Post by gutterballk7 »

I hope someone does manage to review, and possibly include the ideas mentioned in this topic in a future release of phpBB3...
  • Nobody should be able to grant higher permissions than what they have, or....
  • At least have groups have a setting that let's you pick who can edit members of the group: anyone with group admin powers, group leaders and founders, or just founders.... or something like that.
Also, I still want to discuss the whole limiting what users can do via groups. Users can easily drop the group that sets all of their permissions to No, and it is inefficient to do this on a user-by-user basis.

And about the whole "trust your admins" thing. Yeah, enough money or pressure can cause someone to crack if they lose a little common sense. That's why a teacher made a big stink about me being an administrator on the domain at school :?

I strongly hope someone considers my feedback because it, along with everyone elses' feedback, would make phpBB3 just that much better.
SamG

Post by SamG »

Feedback and feature discussion are good, but just remember that feature requests need to go to the tracker when that reopens.
gutterballk7

Post by gutterballk7 »

Well, okay, when the tracker reopens, I will definately submit these two ideas.