New CAPTCHA

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Vic D'Elfant

Re: New CAPTCHA

Post by Vic D'Elfant »

You mean good enough to prevent any human from being able to read it? :P

Vic

APTX

Post by APTX »

Actually it was one of the easier to read transformations I've tried. :P
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

whoever keeps throwing up the idea to stack two rows needs to stop. if it's confusing for us that are actually participating on a discussion of CAPTCHA then it's going to be moreso for honest people who are actually trying to register.

so far I like the one david posted the best. I personally don't think the W was too light, but I guess I could see the argument.

though I do have another idea. not exactly write downt eh letters it shows, but maybe have radio buttons and have the user click the appropriate one. randomize the incorrect responses obviously, as well as the position the correct one appears.

?

DavidMJ

Post by DavidMJ »

we are playing around with some stuff along these lines :D
Freedom from fear

Graham

Post by Graham »

NNO-Stephen wrote: so far I like the one david posted the best. I personally don't think the W was too light, but I guess I could see the argument.
It is an issue if you are Red-Green colour blind potentially which is something that we are going to have to work on
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

Greeger

Post by Greeger »

Not sure if this is already implemented, but I think the CAPTCHA should be case-insensitive. I didn't see any mention of it here so I thought I should give my input. Many fonts, when they are obscured, have letters and number that look too much alike. An example would be "iI1l." That is easy to read now but can easily cause problems in a CAPTCHA.

Solutions I can think of:

Only use capital letters and tell the user that only capitals are used.
Use all letters but make it case insensitive and allow for people to put I instead of L.

Either way, I think would work.

P.S. Is "capital" used outside the US? I seem to remember from something that it has a different name elsewhere.

DavidMJ

Post by DavidMJ »

We do intend to make it case insensitive as the non GD CAPTCHA only provides upper case letters.
Freedom from fear

MKruer

Post by MKruer »

Just playing around and came up with this idea.

Use a complex pattern background, something that has visual redundancy, but still has hard lines to it, then use different fonts, some outlined, others not, in multi color gradients or images, stretch and twist the image, and I think that you will have some thing that is hard to crack. At least its more entertaining then some of the other CAPTCHA
Attachments
example.jpg
(28.59 KiB) Downloaded 1576 times

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

MKruer wrote: Just playing around and came up with this idea.

Use a complex pattern background, something that has visual redundancy, but still has hard lines to it, then use different fonts, some outlined, others not, in multi color gradients or images, stretch and twist the image, and I think that you will have some thing that is hard to crack. At least its more entertaining then some of the other CAPTCHA

That one looks good...I would just say that the font colors would have to differ more from the colors behind it. ;)

MKruer

Post by MKruer »

EXreaction wrote:
MKruer wrote: Just playing around and came up with this idea.

That one looks good...I would just say that the font colors would have to differ more from the colors behind it. ;)
Granted that I am not color blind, most people that are color blind have issues determining colors not the luminosity. With that in mind here is the same image in back and white and its still pretty legible.
Attachments
bwexample.jpg
(17.7 KiB) Downloaded 1558 times