New CAPTCHA

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Cap'n Refsmmat

New CAPTCHA

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

It looks like a new Captcha has finally been committed, and so I grabbed a snapshot to see how it looked.

Here are a few sample images:

I have to say, it's rather hard to understand some of the images. It looks rather difficult for bots to read (especially the first one) but also rather difficult for me to read. What do you think? It's a step in the right direction, at least.

Lastof

Re: New CAPTCHA

Post by Lastof »

It looks good.

Is the first one 2LMG4HQ ? The two at the front looks slightly too curvy, but, I don't think it can be anything else (apart from a backwards S), apart from that, I can understand it fine.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

SamG

Post by SamG »

Does the second start H4L or 4HL?

Edit: Or maybe even 4LH?

Cap'n Refsmmat

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

SamG wrote: Does the second start H4L or 4HL?

Edit: Or maybe even 4LH?
I think it's just left-to-right, so it's 4HL.

Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

Just a reminder that we think too that these are not really readable sometimes... but david is still working on it. ;)

DavidMJ

Post by DavidMJ »

The new CAPTCHA is still under development. We are willing to listen to any suggestions that you guys feel that would make it better. Things like "make it more readable" are not responses that will help. Things like "The two at the front looks slightly too curvy" is way more helpful.

Also, the information for generating these images are right inside of one file. If you feel that you can come up with a better bitmap/vector, post it! If you find a better font, tell us!

All work in CVS is a work in progress. The fight against spam is never really over. Also, the work that is in the current CVS does not represent total progress. There are more things up ours sleeves :D

Of the three methods, two of them were displayed. An example of the third is
The answer is PGRU3BWS
Freedom from fear

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

Of course, being "work in progress", the noise level setting, "high" is closer to "draconian". ;)
heavy_pixel_noise.png
(109.61 KiB) Downloaded 3837 times
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

Maybe it's a good addition to put some sort of key in the picture..?
Example wrote: key: Red
DSdwfrDSdSD3476F487tgG5f
Answer: DdD7

squirrelface

Post by squirrelface »

And what if i'm colourblind?

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

Keys could also be "uppercase" (DDSDFG), "numeric" (34764875), "huge" (Sg), "italic" (Ff) etc. ;)