New CAPTCHA

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Timmer

Re: New CAPTCHA

Post by Timmer »

DavidMJ wrote: Sure :D
The answer is 53QRG6QD
I like it! 8)
I got a postcard from my friend George. It was a satellite photo of the entire Earth. On the back he wrote, "Wish you were here."

MKruer

Post by MKruer »

That’s pretty good, it requires a logic puzzle to figure out the code. However the text is looks like its easy to decode. so even with the current bot that say its about 97% accurate, randomly guessing the bot might get it in 97% *25% ~ 24% of the time.

You might want to break the code in to 2 or more parts, so its like use the symbols and ender the code in that order that the symbols appear in.

Just doing that will raise it to the power of 2 or a bot could only get it right 5% of the time

DavidMJ

Post by DavidMJ »

Standard input is a requirement for Olympus, no fancy custom input for each CAPTCHA yet ;)
Freedom from fear

MKruer

Post by MKruer »

Here is what I meant
The answer is F@8fkCR8pR6pbFe

Granted that this is long, but if I am correct then the chances of a bot getting this right is about ~3% If you added a fourth symbols that would go down to less then ~1%
Attachments
idea.png
(196.83 KiB) Downloaded 1388 times

ve4jhj

Post by ve4jhj »

i like that one, MKruer, although some of the characters overlapped a bit too much for my personal liking.
NO PM or IM support offered!!
thank you!

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

DavidMJ wrote: Sure :D
The answer is 53QRG6QD
I think the symbols on the right should be slightly rotated, since matching the two squares in this example is enough to decode the image.

DavidMJ

Post by DavidMJ »

spambot wrote: I think the symbols on the right should be slightly rotated, since matching the two squares in this example is enough to decode the image.
I think it is harder than you think ;) If you think otherwise, try doing it programmatically
Freedom from fear

Wert

Post by Wert »

Drupal is going a whole new way with their new captcha system.

They make it so you can add your own custom ttf fonts, your own custom backgrounds (as many as you'd like I guess) then choose from a lot of options how to perturb the captchas.

So basically every drupal owner can use their own weird font, choose how to custome perturb it and then lay it over one of many custom backgrounds which are also customer perturbed.

If the hosting can't handle the gd graphics, it degrades and asks a math question for the captcha.

Interesting to say the least.
Fonts settings

Use only Uppercase

TrueType Fonts Path:

Location of the directory where the Truetype (.ttf) fonts are stored. If you do not provide any fonts, the module will use the default font for text. Relative paths will be resolved relative to the Drupal installation directory.

Font Size:

Font size of Captcha text (in pixels).

Character Spacing:
Sets the kerning between letters in Captcha. Higher numbers indicate more spacing.

Character Jiggle:
Sets the amount of up and down movement in the Captcha letters. Higher numbers indicate more jiggling.

Character Rotation:
Sets the amount of rotation in the Captcha letters (in degrees, only works with non-default fonts).

Character Size Adjustment:
Sets the amount of variation in size between the different letters in the Captcha (in pixels).

Image settings
Background Images Path:
Location of the directory where the background images are stored. If you do not provide a directory, solid colors will be used. Relative paths will be resolved relative to the Drupal installation directory.

Image Noise (pixels):
Sets the amount of noise (random pixels) in the Captcha image. Higher numbers indicate more noise.

Image Noise (lines):
Sets the amount of noise (random lines) in the Captcha image. Higher numbers indicate more noise.

Image Margin:
Set a distance between the Captcha letters and the edges of the image.

Image and font information
Number of fonts found: 2
Number of background images found: 5
GD Version: bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
FreeType Support: True
Need good web hosting? I recommend Hostrocket.

DavidMJ

Post by DavidMJ »

We also allow you to use custom fonts, just drop in your fonts into the fonts folder! :D
We need not degrade, we can send CAPTCHAs out even if the computer does not handle Zlib (it degrades to a less powerful one)!
Freedom from fear

Wert

Post by Wert »

David, custom backgrounds too?

Any options like the drupal thing where we can not only feed it fonts, but also make it stronger by messing with variables controlling size, spacing, rotation, noise, etc.?

I'm going to guess most modern hosts can handle at least some form of gd, so the drupal or phpBB ones shouldn't have to go to a fall back very often.

Being able to edit all these variables easily sort of makes it easier to have a semi unique captcha per site without having to get too weird with the kind of captcha used.
Need good web hosting? I recommend Hostrocket.