New CAPTCHA

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
DavidMJ

Re: New CAPTCHA

Post by DavidMJ »

I had a really nice system for this but decided to scrap it in favor of random values... The future may show a very different ACP configuration page for CAPTCHA settings ;)

You can still get uniqueness, the Occlude and 3D Bitmap policies are disabled by default.
Freedom from fear

robertmf
Location: In PA, 55 min. via commuter RR outside Filthadelphia

Post by robertmf »

dhn wrote: The Captcha is still being worked upon.
I got locked out and requested a new password ... so I get the password and go to log in but have "exceeded the number of login attempts". So login wanted me to do the CAPTCHA. It took me 4 tries to finally get one correct. This isn't a *beep*, just feedback and wondering if the hot & sweaty masses will have my virtuous patience :roll: :-P

Rotsblok

Post by Rotsblok »

there was something wrong with it but is fixed in new cvs (see bugtracker closed items)
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it

dhn

Post by dhn »

robertmf wrote:
I got locked out and requested a new password ... so I get the password and go to log in but have "exceeded the number of login attempts". So login wanted me to do the CAPTCHA. It took me 4 tries to finally get one correct. This isn't a *beep*, just feedback and wondering if the hot & sweaty masses will have my virtuous patience :roll: :-P
We appreciate the feedback. But we understand very well whether something is too hard to read or not. :)

Spectral Dragon

Post by Spectral Dragon »

dhn wrote:
robertmf wrote:
We appreciate the feedback. But we understand very well whether something is too hard to read or not. :)
I tend to just highlight and read it that way 8)

Still, it does hurt the eyes sometimes just knowing it's there.

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

DavidMJ wrote:
spambot wrote: I think the symbols on the right should be slightly rotated, since matching the two squares in this example is enough to decode the image.
I think it is harder than you think ;) If you think otherwise, try doing it programmatically
If you treat each symbol as a seperate image, PHP's imagerotate() function will be sufficiant, won't it? Slowing the process down offcourse, but increasing security..

DavidMJ

Post by DavidMJ »

spambot wrote:
DavidMJ wrote:
spambot wrote: I think the symbols on the right should be slightly rotated, since matching the two squares in this example is enough to decode the image.
I think it is harder than you think ;) If you think otherwise, try doing it programmatically
If you treat each symbol as a seperate image, PHP's imagerotate() function will be sufficiant, won't it? Slowing the process down offcourse, but increasing security..
I was refering to trying to break it, not rotating it. It is very easy to get rotation on those images.
Freedom from fear

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

Ah, that makes sence :P

Well, I have no experience at all with OCR.. But if it can detect letters so easily, why not matching those symbols?

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

Hey, we've got something that is actually decipherable, so can we please think about how to improve readability and not about how to increase the difficulty? ;-)

dhn

Post by dhn »

naderman wrote: Hey, we've got something that is actually decipherable, so can we please think about how to improve readability and not about how to increase the difficulty? ;-)
What! You mean you cannot read that:
ucp.php.png
(23.74 KiB) Downloaded 1193 times
1 - U - 9 is that a W? WTF! 8 - I (I think) - A - that wasn't so hard. :o