New CAPTCHA

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
pablocerdeira

Re: New CAPTCHA

Post by pablocerdeira »

Unsig wrods wtih at lsaet fvie lerttes, you can scablrme the mid lertets and olny humans can read it fast.
The chatpca sircpt can wirte smoe wodrs and ask the vstiinat to re - wirte it in the corerct oderr.
:arrow: Jsut a spuitd idea.

http://koivi.com/letter-scramble/

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

If english wasn't my first language, I may not have been able to decipher that.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

You should of course do it in the main language of your board. For international boards it may not be a great idea.

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Lastof wrote: If english wasn't my first language, I may not have been able to decipher that.

English is not my first language but I was able to decipher that (except "vstiinat" that I had never seen as word).
Anyway, I think it'd be simple for a bot to make all the possible anagrams and compare them to a vocabulary of existing words.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Nicholas the Italian wrote:
Lastof wrote: If english wasn't my first language, I may not have been able to decipher that.

English is not my first language but I was able to decipher that (except "vstiinat" that I had never seen as word).
Anyway, I think it'd be simple for a bot to make all the possible anagrams and compare them to a vocabulary of existing words.

Ya, that would not work at all.

Bots can just use a dictionary backend and have it check what matches with all the letters, length, and first and last letter. It would be easier for them than us. ;)

Midnight Phoenix

Post by Midnight Phoenix »

recently we switched to this type of CAPTCHA

Code: Select all

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMP""""""`MMMMMM"""""""`MMMMM""MMMM""MMMM#"""""""'MMMMM""""""""MMMM""MMMMM""M
MMM  mmmmm..MMMMM  mmmm,  MMMM. `MM' .MMMM#  mmmm. `MMMMmmm  mmmMMMM  MMMM' .M
MMM.      `YMMMM'        <MMMMM.    .MMMMM#        .MMMMMMM  MMMMMMM       .MM
MMMMMMMMM.  MMMMM  MMMb. "MMMMMMb  dMMMMMM#  MMMb.'YMMMMMMM  MMMMMMM  MMMb. YM
MMM. .MMM'  MMMMM  MMMMM  MMMMMMM  MMMMMMM#  MMMM'  MMMMMMM  MMMMMMM  MMMMb  M
MMMb.     .dMMMMM  MMMMM  MMMMMMM  MMMMMMM#       .;MMMMMMM  MMMMMMM  MMMMM  M
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM#########MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
SRYBTK

I havn't had any bots register in about 2 months!

Balint

Post by Balint »

Could be done with any ASCII Generator, see http://www.network-science.de/ascii/
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
Robert A. Heinlein

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Midnight Phoenix wrote: recently we switched to this type of CAPTCHA

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMP""""""`MMMMMM"""""""`MMMMM""MMMM""MMMM#"""""""'MMMMM""""""""MMMM""MMMMM""M
MMM  mmmmm..MMMMM  mmmm,  MMMM. `MM' .MMMM#  mmmm. `MMMMmmm  mmmMMMM  MMMM' .M
MMM.      `YMMMM'        <MMMMM.    .MMMMM#        .MMMMMMM  MMMMMMM       .MM
MMMMMMMMM.  MMMMM  MMMb. "MMMMMMb  dMMMMMM#  MMMb.'YMMMMMMM  MMMMMMM  MMMb. YM
MMM. .MMM'  MMMMM  MMMMM  MMMMMMM  MMMMMMM#  MMMM'  MMMMMMM  MMMMMMM  MMMMb  M
MMMb.     .dMMMMM  MMMMM  MMMMMMM  MMMMMMM#       .;MMMMMMM  MMMMMMM  MMMMM  M
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM#########MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
SRYBTK

It is rather hard to read. Users ability to register should come before bot's inability to register. ;)
Midnight Phoenix wrote: I havn't had any bots register in about 2 months!

Because you use something different than everyone else. Even if you tell the user to enter in a random word(and keep the word in plain text) it will still stop bots for a while(longer if your board has less visitors).

Midnight Phoenix

Post by Midnight Phoenix »

We have also instructed users who are unable to decipher it to highlight it, as it can become easier to read.

By the way, I have a very active forum

Maybe you can read this one easier

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMM""MMMMM""MMMM""MMMMM""MMMMMM""""""""`MMMM""MMMM""MMMMM'"""""`MMMMMMM'""""'YMM
MMM  MMMMM  MMMM  MMMMM  MMMMMM  mmmmmmmMMMM  `MM'  MMMM  .mmm,  MMMMM' .mmm. `M
MMM  MMMMM  MMMM         `MMMM'      MMMMMMMM.    .MMMMM  MMMMM  MMMMM  MMMMMooM
MMM  MMMMM  MMMM  MMMMM  MMMMMM  MMMMMMMMMMM  .mm.  MMMM  MM  M  MMMMM  MMMMMMMM
MMM  `MMM'  MMMM  MMMMM  MMMMMM  MMMMMMMMMMM  MMMM  MMMM  `MM    MMMMM. `MMM' .M
MMMb       dMMMM  MMMMM  MMMMMM  MMMMMMMMMMM  MMMM  MMMMM.    .. `MMMMM.     .dM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
UHFXQC

Lieutenant Clone

Post by Lieutenant Clone »

Its not too hard to read, but people with less than average vision would definatly have problems.

Plus thats still easy for a bot to decode. (example) Basically they take the ascii generator out of phpbb and modify it to decypher the generated ascii perfectly.
Dennis Robinson