New CAPTCHA

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Eelke

Re: New CAPTCHA

Post by Eelke »

How hard can it be to recognise cats :lol: I think I've done it about ten times, and the only times it's told me I was a bot was when I deliberately left out one or two cats to see if it had any tolerance for people taking the test too quickly and missing one or two cats (it doesn't). So, you really need to select all cats. In that case, it told me I was human every time (about seven times, I guess).

drewtscott

Post by drewtscott »

Eelke wrote: How hard can it be to recognise cats :lol: I think I've done it about ten times, and the only times it's told me I was a bot was when I deliberately left out one or two cats to see if it had any tolerance for people taking the test too quickly and missing one or two cats (it doesn't). So, you really need to select all cats. In that case, it told me I was human every time (about seven times, I guess).

You must not have had some of the pictures I had. One was about 10px by 10px ... what a horrible way to try to prevent bots.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Ya, some of those pics were quite bad.

And a system like that would only last for a little while if it was installed on every board, because bot codders will set it up so that the bot knows every picture in there.

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

I think the whole point is that the images are of actual cats and dogs that are currently being found a home, so the images used are constantly changing.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Eelke wrote: I think the whole point is that the images are of actual cats and dogs that are currently being found a home, so the images used are constantly changing.

I see...

But then you have to rely on external data, which is not reliable, as you can see in the demo.

The bot can also check for itself if it knows the website you are accessing. ;)

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

I love it how it informs me weather I'm a bot or a Human… I was not really sure until I clicked that score me button.
After purposely missing a couple cat images… I realized it is correct… I'm a bot ;)
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

matthewf

Post by matthewf »

some of those images were bad, especially the black cats and dogs, if the images were larger that might have helped, but I failed several times to detect all the correct images,

APTX

Post by APTX »

I'm half bot, half human. 50% isn't a too good ratio. Some images are too small to tell the difference and if you miss 1 you're already a bot.
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Well, I must just be lucky then... I've had a success rate of 100% (I've probably tried 20 times now). Maybe there should be some kind of quality control on the images (I have had one or two pictures that I needed to guess), maybe there should be some tolerance that allows for a few misses, but I do think it's an interesting concept. I would personally like a version where I can upload my own pictures, I think my site is low profile enough to not be interesting for spammers to go and qualify images and it would allow me to use something else than cats and dogs.

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

Eelke wrote: Well, I must just be lucky then... I've had a success rate of 100% (I've probably tried 20 times now). Maybe there should be some kind of quality control on the images (I have had one or two pictures that I needed to guess), maybe there should be some tolerance that allows for a few misses, but I do think it's an interesting concept. I would personally like a version where I can upload my own pictures, I think my site is low profile enough to not be interesting for spammers to go and qualify images and it would allow me to use something else than cats and dogs.

personally, I thought it was really easy… I just wanted to be a bot :P
so I had to mess up a few times… otherwise where's the fun?
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply