CashMod

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
mav3

Re: CashMod

Post by mav3 »

honestly cash mod should be included bcoz i feel it is much better than any 'Reputation System' as it can also be configured as a Points system

dhn

Post by dhn »

mav3 wrote: honestly cash mod should be included bcoz i feel it is much better than any 'Reputation System' as it can also be configured as a Points system
Dear gods, when did people stop putting the slightest bit of effort into their posts? Try it with grammar, spelling, and punctuation, please. And you ask why we don't want to integrate Quick Reply. ;)

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

dhn wrote: And you ask why we don't want to integrate Quick Reply. ;)
Heh, I guess you have us there...but I still think the Quick reply should be standard...just have options for it in the adminCP and userCP like vB has. 8)
(but lets stay on topic...don't need anouther thread closed because everyone wants to fight the devs on it ;))

So the cash mod has both reputation and a points system? Sounds interesting... :)

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

mav3 wrote: honestly cash mod should be included bcoz i feel it is much better than any 'Reputation System' as it can also be configured as a Points system
To follow on from dhn... the best "Reputation System" on the Internet is how you write:
Producing Opensource eBook, Chapter 6: Communicating states, not wrote: You Are What You Write

Consider this: the only thing anyone knows about you on the Internet comes from what you write, or what others write about you. You may be brilliant, perceptive, and charismatic in person—but if your emails are rambling and unstructured, people will assume that's the real you. Or perhaps you really are rambling and unstructured in person, but no one need ever know it, if your posts are lucid and informative.

Devoting some care to your writing will pay off hugely. Long-time free software hacker Jim Blandy tells the following story:

Back in 1993, I was working for the Free Software Foundation, and we were beta-testing version 19 of GNU Emacs. We'd make a beta release every week or so, and people would try it out and send us bug reports. There was this one guy whom none of us had met in person but who did great work: his bug reports were always clear and led us straight to the problem, and when he provided a fix himself, it was almost always right. He was top-notch.
Now, before the FSF can use code written by someone else, we have them do some legal paperwork to assign their copyright interest to that code to the FSF. Just taking code from complete strangers and dropping it in is a recipe for legal disaster.

So I emailed the guy the forms, saying, "Here's some paperwork we need, here's what it means, you sign this one, have your employer sign that one, and then we can start putting in your fixes. Thanks very much."

He sent me back a message saying, "I don't have an employer."

So I said, "Okay, that's fine, just have your university sign it and send it back."

After a bit, he wrote me back again, and said,"Well, actually... I'm thirteen years old and I live with my parents."
Because that kid didn't write like a thirteen-year-old, no one knew that's what he was.
Unfortunately, you are doing the exact opposite.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

dhn wrote:
Dear gods, when did people stop putting the slightest bit of effort into their posts? Try it with grammar, spelling, and punctuation, please. And you ask why we don't want to integrate Quick Reply. ;)
actually, this is a perfect example of why your reasons for not including it hold no water. :)

Xore

Post by Xore »

In anticipation of a rhetorical answer, I will therefore ask a rhetorical question:

How many topics on area51 need to devolve into an argument about Quick Reply, especially when Quick Reply is completely offtopic?

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Getting back on topic...

I think the Cash Mod or a similar feature should be added. At the least, as an option that can enabled/disabled in the ACP.

Rotsblok

Post by Rotsblok »

Cashmod need to stay as a mod. No more no less
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Rotsblok wrote: Cashmod need to stay as a mod. No more no less
Maybe not the "cashmod" per say... But a similar feature to the cash/points mods.