How does a friend/foe list work?

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
ByteEnable

Post by ByteEnable »

Does the friend I enter have to accept that friendship?

Can I create cliquie's? (Probably similar to user groups I guess)

When I enter a foe, does the foe`ee know that he/she is now a foe?

Are there statistics ? Like top ranking foe/friend and clusters of foe's/friend's?

Does hide online status also apply to friend/foe list?

When you look at a user's profile will it show how many friends/foe's ?

Byte

jojobarjo32

Re: How does a friend/foe list work?

Post by jojobarjo32 »

Hi,
ByteEnable wrote: How does a friend/foe list work?

Does the friend I enter have to accept that friendship?
No, the user will be in your friend list once you have added him. OTOH, you will NOT be in HIS friend list if he haven't added you too.
When I enter a foe, does the foe`ee know that he/she is now a foe?
No, unless you tell it to him of course.
Are there statistics ? Like top ranking foe/friend and clusters of foe's/friend's?
No
Does hide online status also apply to friend/foe list?
Yes. But I guess friends might be able to see you even if you have enabled the "Hide online status" option and foes not.
When you look at a user's profile will it show how many friends/foe's ?
No, it is private.

P.S. : Note that the feature don't seem to be complete at the moment ;)

wby

Post by wby »

I think the terminology would be clearer if the "foe" functionality were called an ignore list or killfile. When I saw the "add foe" option, it was not at all obvious to me what that would do.

In either event, I think it would be more useful if the functionality were improved so that new threads or messages from a "foe" wouldn't mark those threads / messages as "new" in phpbb.

bobtheman

Post by bobtheman »

i hope the functionality of the friends list is improved, right now it doesn't really do anything.

Adding friends should be easier, with "add Friend" button on user profile pages. In our user profiles "which should be merged with the ucp" managing should be easier and more eye appealing. Friend request should be sent to the friend you are trying to add. The user should be able to display there friends on there profile page. etc etc etc

This is a feature that encourages community interaction, and helps build a strong member base. With the friends list we can then get notifications of when our friends are online, post replys to threads, accept friend requests, update user status and or signature ect ect