How are mods going to work?

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
dannyboy194

How are mods going to work?

Post by dannyboy194 »

Hi,
I was wandering, how will mods be added to phpBB? Will it still be the good old way of editing the code yourself, or will something like what smf have (easymod) be implemented and all mods will use that? I was just wandering.
Thanks,
Dan

Graham

Re: How are mods going to work?

Post by Graham »

EasyMOD will not be part of the shipped code, although the MOD team will be releasing a similar tool at some point
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

nwbasser

Post by nwbasser »

Graham wrote: EasyMOD will not be part of the shipped code, although the MOD team will be releasing a similar tool at some point
Sounds great. Is it going to be officially part of phpbb3.x? Or and add-on like EasyMOD?

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

nwbasser wrote:
Graham wrote: EasyMOD will not be part of the shipped code, although the MOD team will be releasing a similar tool at some point
Sounds great. Is it going to be officially part of phpbb3.x? Or and add-on like EasyMOD?
add-on. since it was the same mod-team that gave us easymod in the first palce... it'll probably just be EasyMod 2 or something. though they might wanna just jump to three to get in-line with phpBB version numbers for consistency :p

ok i'll stop talking outta my ass now

DarkD45

Post by DarkD45 »

i wonder, since were on the topic of mods and mod installers and such... is the mod format going to be the same as mods for phpBB 2.0.x?

pentapenguin

Post by pentapenguin »

DarkD45 wrote: i wonder, since were on the topic of mods and mod installers and such... is the mod format going to be the same as mods for phpBB 2.0.x?
There may be a new XML format: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=287697" target="_blank I have no idea when it will be introduced....
phpBB.com Support Team Member and Incident Investigation Team Member
My phpBB MODs || Professional phpBB Customization, Transfers, and Conversions

DarkD45

Post by DarkD45 »

ok thanks, i must have missed that when i was searching :D