I miss Skype in phpbb3

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
NNO-Stephen

Re: I miss Skype in phpbb3

Post by NNO-Stephen »

Skype would be cool... but I still say that my gamercard mod needs to be made :D

Mitron

Post by Mitron »

NNO-Stephen wrote: Skype would be cool... but I still say that my gamercard mod needs to be made :D
Why not just use a Custom Profile Field for that?

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

Mitron wrote:
NNO-Stephen wrote: Skype would be cool... but I still say that my gamercard mod needs to be made :D
Why not just use a Custom Profile Field for that?
cause it would not display the card, which is the whole point.

and on skype, a button to automatically call the individual, and show if they are offline or online.

MysteryQuest

Post by MysteryQuest »

bchdata wrote:
When you use callto, then you will start Netmeeting on a PC where Skype is not installed.

You should use the skype://" target="_blank<skypename>

Look here:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... &start=105" target="_blank
Well, callto://" target="_blank is an official protocol. So instead of making a skype field making it a VoiP field, what is more widely accepted.
The jail is the high school of the crime, if you get out you are only a bigger criminal.

nwbasser

Post by nwbasser »

well, skype://" target="_blank is an official protocol if you have skype installed ;)
And this feature if ever added, would be for people that have skype installed, so it would make sense to use skype://" target="_blank

my 2 cents

Helpeur

Post by Helpeur »

Simple to integrate Skype in phpBB 3.x ...

:arrow: [Removed]

;)

uranusalien

Post by uranusalien »

I think Skype is too specific, a generic VoIP field would be better, say that you can enter an URL in (e.g. sip://" target="_blank or skype://," target="_blank etc).

At any rate, the forum rules state not to post feature requests here. No feature requests are being accepted for 3.0.

TwistedWeather

Post by TwistedWeather »

It amazes me that some such as myself ( In the past ) have gotten lambasted by a few people here including a couple of developers for asking about QR but yet they say notta about these requested features which btw are MORE FITTING for the terms the developers/examples use for QR. The ole chatroom theory. :?

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Edit: I moved the comment I entered here to another thread where TwistedWeather brought this up as well, in order not to start yet another quick reply discussion in this thread (thereby hi-jacking this guy's thread about a Skype-field): viewtopic.php?p=150449#p150449
I propose anyone wanting to react to TwistedWeather's post above to do the same.

On-topic: would a VoIP-field not be a simple matter of adding it as a custom URL field if you want it? Protocol-associations (i.e. your browser being clever enough to start skype when it sees skype://" target="_blank ) would take care of the rest.

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

Eelke wrote: Edit: I moved the comment I entered here to another thread where TwistedWeather brought this up as well, in order not to start yet another quick reply discussion in this thread (thereby hi-jacking this guy's thread about a Skype-field): viewtopic.php?p=150449#p150449
I propose anyone wanting to react to TwistedWeather's post above to do the same.

On-topic: would a VoIP-field not be a simple matter of adding it as a custom URL field if you want it? Protocol-associations (i.e. your browser being clever enough to start skype when it sees skype://" target="_blank ) would take care of the rest.

it'd be fine if you could associate a button with it that showed your online/offline status too which is the point of contention if you'd bother to read the thread...