I miss Skype in phpbb3

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
ish1301

Re: I miss Skype in phpbb3

Post by ish1301 »

I believe skype and PhpBB certainly have ties among themselves. 8)
David Platt

Mini moto, fun bikes and quad bikes and more at Mini Moto

TwistedWeather

Post by TwistedWeather »

Eelke wrote: Edit: I moved the comment I entered here to another thread where TwistedWeather brought this up as well, in order not to start yet another quick reply discussion in this thread (thereby hi-jacking this guy's thread about a Skype-field): viewtopic.php?p=150449#p150449
I propose anyone wanting to react to TwistedWeather's post above to do the same.

On-topic: would a VoIP-field not be a simple matter of adding it as a custom URL field if you want it? Protocol-associations (i.e. your browser being clever enough to start skype when it sees skype://" target="_blank ) would take care of the rest.

Well unfortunatly seeing how we have LOCK HAPPY staff here the reply will have to come in this thread. But anyways my view is that this feature is more of a chat thing then anything else. Plus it DOES take away from the forum which features IMHO shouldnt do. Why worry about something that is gonna take away from the forum? Which this does by promoting people to go chat OFF the forum. Most of us admins wanna bring people TO OUR FORUMS not be a link to some offsite chat. Which is what i am gathering this will do. I apologize if i am wrong.

PatrikStar

Post by PatrikStar »

TwistedWeather wrote: Most of us admins wanna bring people TO OUR FORUMS not be a link to some offsite chat. Which is what i am gathering this will do. I apologize if i am wrong.

quite a smart statement never thought of that but one thing is to be able to talk alot and not have to have large sentences to say where in a forum you want large statements or real answers not alot of this and that going around all of a sudden a 75 post topic

if you want to keep to the forum as a chat then someone should make a shoutbox i might be up to making an ajax one when the official release happens but im not gonna guarantee anything

Sheepa

Post by Sheepa »

Hi team, pease add SKYPE support in phpbb3. Thx 8)

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Hi team, please buy me a new computer. Thanks 8)

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

Hi team, please give me a haircut. Thx. 8)

asmith3006

Post by asmith3006 »

Last time this happened I asked for courage. I'm still waiting dammit!

:toe tapping:

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

Hi team, pease make me omnipotent. Thx........

What? I might as well aim high.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat »

Well, I really don't see the issue - there are buttons enough to replace it with, and it's not that hard to mod right? I mean, who's using AOL and Yahoo anyway..? ROFL ;)
"This is the place where the sun don't shine"

titan485

Post by titan485 »

some of us are ub3r lazy and want them already there >: (

and what do you mean? yahoo> everything but skype and gtalk