AJAX and WYSIWYG Editor?

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
maddog39

AJAX and WYSIWYG Editor?

Post by maddog39 »

Hello all,

I think it would be awsome if phpBB3 had either AJAX or a WYSIWYG editor or both would be really cool.

Thanks!
-maddog39 :D

ChALkeR

Re: AJAX and WYSIWYG Editor?

Post by ChALkeR »

Sorry for my bad English....

Augustino

Post by Augustino »

Whats happen with this feature? This is very good as optional from control panel

MHobbit

Post by MHobbit »

phpBB 3.0.0 is feature-frozen (at least, AFAIK)... the features tracker was closed quite a while ago.
Former phpBB MOD Team Member - No support offered via IM, PM, or email

Augustino

Post by Augustino »

MennoniteHobbit wrote: phpBB 3.0.0 is feature-frozen (at least, AFAIK)... the features tracker was closed quite a while ago.
Then if the "tracker" is closed, where can I send my sugesstions about of new features, for phpbb 3.2 or next versions?

Augustino

Post by Augustino »

Can I use this segurity tracker, for phpbb 2.0.x

http://www.phpbb.com/security/add_report.php" target="_blank

Or this Bug Tracker

http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/addreport.php" target="_blank

For do sugestions about new features

wGEric

Post by wGEric »

Use neither of those for Feature Requests. Those two trackers are for security exploits and bugs not feature requests. phpBB's Sourceforge page is where the feature tracker is.

Edit: it looks like the trackers at SF have been closed. There is no where to submit feature requests at this time. You'll have to wait until the next version before you request a feature.
Eric

Augustino

Post by Augustino »

wGEric wrote: Use neither of those for Feature Requests. Those two trackers are for security exploits and bugs not feature requests. phpBB's Sourceforge page is where the feature tracker is.

Edit: it looks like the trackers at SF have been closed. There is no where to submit feature requests at this time. You'll have to wait until the next version before you request a feature.

Well, ok, thanks

As other sugesstion, could be good have always open the tracker, I would like somebody of team, can do something

wGEric

Post by wGEric »

Having the tracker open means someone has to maintain it (look through requests, throw out bad ones, throw out features that are already implemented, etc). That takes time which developers are the only ones that can do that since they are the ones coding it and deciding what goes into phpBB. If one was open, that means they will spend less time coding.
Eric

Augustino

Post by Augustino »

wGEric wrote: Having the tracker open means someone has to maintain it (look through requests, throw out bad ones, throw out features that are already implemented, etc). That takes time which developers are the only ones that can do that since they are the ones coding it and deciding what goes into phpBB. If one was open, that means they will spend less time coding.
Then, Could be good idea have more developers