bbcode improvements

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
balu

bbcode improvements

Post by balu »

I've been using many boards like SMF, vB or IPB, but only here in phpbb bbcode makes me so f.... angry. I don't want to refuse phpbb cause this one i like the most. My improvements are following:

1) align, it means left, center, right and justify

2) Text formatting makes a trouble when you have more text than a one textarea window. Let's say we want bold 2 words at the bottom of our text. We have to scroll textarea window down to see the bottom part, choose some word and click on the 'Bold text'. After that you will be moved to the top of text, than if you want 'bold' one more time, you have to again scroll textarea window down, choose...etc. Can you just stop this painful process?

code reader

Re: bbcode improvements

Post by code reader »

this behavior only happens with mozilla-like (aka "geko") browsers.
you can fix it by opening the file styles/subSilver/template/editor.js
find the function mozWrap(),
and add at the first line:
var scrollTop = txtarea.scrollTop;
and just before the return; ,
add
txtarea.scrollTop = scrollTop;

i do not argue that this behavior is anoying, but if this is your main problem with phpbb, i think you should stay.

as to alignment (left, center, right etc), luckilly, phpbb v3 supports "custom bbcodes".
it should not be too difficult to add those, as well as table formatting to your board without touching the code.

ChALkeR

Post by ChALkeR »

phpBB 2.1-3.0 BBcodes are configurable from the ACP. You can add your own BBcodes.
Sorry for my bad English....

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

ChALkeR wrote: phpBB 2.1-3.0 BBcodes are configurable from the ACP. You can add your own BBcodes.
Is there a custom bbCode MOD for 2.0.x that you are aware of?
Simulation Cricket Authority: http://www.simulationcricket.com

ChALkeR

Post by ChALkeR »

battye wrote:
ChALkeR wrote: phpBB 2.1-3.0 BBcodes are configurable from the ACP. You can add your own BBcodes.
Is there a custom bbCode MOD for 2.0.x that you are aware of?
That is offtopic =)
Search.
Anyway, you can add them manually.
Sorry for my bad English....