Customizable Portal

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Stunt

Customizable Portal

Post by Stunt »

Make a customizable portal built in that lets u add pages (custom pages) and add or delete or edit the Portal's Navigation and also add like a bunch of cool features (something that would be good on a hip-hop or iPod forum). Also, one more thing, add something that will let you edit the other navigation (not the portals), the navigtation on the banner to the right.

Martin Blank

Re: Customizable Portal

Post by Martin Blank »

1) Suggestions are not taken here.

2) A portal is a separate project that may get attention after Olympus is released.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

smithy_dll

Post by smithy_dll »

Suggestions were taken, and will be taken for the major release after Olympus. However this is a forum, not a portal.
phpBB, its open source, become involved, write a modification!
Modifications Database | MOD Development Forum Rules | MOD Studio

martijn2

Post by martijn2 »

Well, the latest versions of the Invision Powerboards come with a portal built-in by default (IPB-Portal) wich you can enable and disable to your liking ;).

Techie-Micheal

Post by Techie-Micheal »

martijn2 wrote: Well, the latest versions of the Invision Powerboards come with a portal built-in by default (IPB-Portal) wich you can enable and disable to your liking ;).
Look where you are. ;)

martijn2

Post by martijn2 »

I know, but i was just pointing something out ;)

dhn

Post by dhn »

martijn2 wrote: I know, but i was just pointing something out
See, Michael was also "just pointing something out". We don't really care about IPB, we don't regard them as a competitor, and even less as a benchmark for features.

No one is stopping the community from creating a decent portal. To my knowledge nothing spectacular has happened in this direction so far. Our developers simply do not have the time for this. We might consider adding this as a community coding project in its 2nd iteration, depending whether we are satisfied with how the current projects turn out.

martijn2

Post by martijn2 »

dhn wrote:
martijn2 wrote: I know, but i was just pointing something out
See, Michael was also "just pointing something out". We don't really care about IPB, we don't regard them as a competitor, and even less as a benchmark for features.

No one is stopping the community from creating a decent portal. To my knowledge nothing spectacular has happened in this direction so far. Our developers simply do not have the time for this. We might consider adding this as a community coding project in its 2nd iteration, depending whether we are satisfied with how the current projects turn out.
I didn't meant to flame you guys, sorry for that ;)
Yeah, a community project would be good :)

Raq

Post by Raq »

Davidls wrote: this is a forum, not a portal.
EXACTLY
Club & Dance -- Disco & House -- Techno / Trance
Bored today llllllllllllllllllll - 50%

APTX

Post by APTX »

dhn wrote: ...we don't really care about IPB, we don't regard them as a competitor, and even less as a benchmark for features.
None are worthy bo be called "competitor".
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!