Display of subfora?

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Eris

Display of subfora?

Post by Eris »

I see that the way it is set up here, subfora are listed in the block of their corresponding parent fora. For instance, under the "Testing subforum" block is "Subforums: Subforum, A sub-sub-forum ...".

Is this the way it will 'permanently' be displayed in Olympus, or will there be an admin control to rearrange how it is displayed?

I was just wondering if I (as my board's admin) will have to mod the display manually to get the subfora to show up exactly like the other fora, but indented under their respective parent fora.

Now that I think about it, will that even be possible? I want each of the subfora under their respective fora, but I also want each of the subfora to have their "explanations" listed underneath them, just like the other fora. Will I be able to do this? Example:

FORUM 1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . # of topics . . . # of posts . . . last post
description of forum 1
moderators of forum 1
...SUBFORUM 1 . . . . . . . . . . . . # of topics . . . # of posts . . . last post
...description of subforum 1
...moderators of subforum 1

Hope that made sense. :)

Viperal2

Re: Display of subfora?

Post by Viperal2 »

For you first question, yes it possible. All you need to do is edit the templates ( look for navlinks ). I can't help anymore than that, you know the rules ;)

As for adding "explanations", that's not possible and truely I do see it being added in. You mostlikely would have to look for a mod after release.
What is The Viperal ?

http://developer.berlios.de/projects/viperals/" target="_blank

Eris

Post by Eris »

Gotcha. Manually editing is not a problem for me. (I hack everything to death. ;) ) I mostly just wasn't sure if a feature would be in the ACP to rearrange such a thing, but it ain't, so... Thanks!

(I haven't DLed a working CVS yet to try to "pre-tweak" anything... thought I'd just surprise myself, what with all its goodies, when it comes out. :D )

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

Doesn't seem like it would be a difficult mod. All you'd need to do is extend the query and results ever-so-slightly to retrieve and display additional information.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

Eris

Post by Eris »

That's what I was thinking too. At least, I'm hoping it'll be that simple.

GalaxeY

Post by GalaxeY »

I was going to ask those questions myself. Thanks for this :P
Yea! I'm good. What version of phpBB was this again?!