How about to integrate phpBB with Social Network Software?

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
msibm

How about to integrate phpBB with Social Network Software?

Post by msibm »

:idea:

Eelke

Re: How about to integrate phpBB with Social Network Softwar

Post by Eelke »

Please elaborate on what you mean by "social network software". I automatically think of IM software, but I'm sure that's not what you mean.

DoD

Post by DoD »

phpBB is designed as stand alone forum software. It doesnt need to be integrated into anything.

If you want it integrated into anything, then you are more than welcome to do that yourself.

DarkFate

Post by DarkFate »

DoD wrote: phpBB is designed as stand alone forum software. It doesnt need to be integrated into anything.

If you want it integrated into anything, then you are more than welcome to do that yourself.
yea. I think he means things like myspace and stuff like that.

ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow »

As DoD has said, phpBB is solely designed for stand-alone forum software. Now, PHP-Nuke took phpBB and integrated it with it's CMS portal which, we can't support. But, anyone is more than welcome to integrate it with their own software or whatever, it's up to them. I would recommend using the 2.0.XX series as code changes can still happen in the current CVS's of Olympus releases.
Someplace where it's dark, someplace where it's quiet, I feel at home... I have nowhere to go any longer, as that's what I desire.

DavidMJ

Post by DavidMJ »

ScionCrow: I guess you did not read the announcement on phpBB.com stating that a community project should be started to enable other types of auth schemes, like a CMS. That would be a level of integration.... Speaking of the community projects, whats the status on them? Has anybody been picked? When will an announcement be made?
Freedom from fear

dhn

Post by dhn »

DavidMJ wrote: ScionCrow: I guess you did not read the announcement on phpBB.com stating that a community project should be started to enable other types of auth schemes, like a CMS. That would be a level of integration.... Speaking of the community projects, whats the status on them? Has anybody been picked? When will an announcement be made?
Something should happen in the next few days.

DavidMJ

Post by DavidMJ »

dhn wrote: Something should happen in the next few days.
Thanks.
Freedom from fear

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

It is not my intention to start any flamewars, and indeed I have attempted to douse them in the past. In order to avoid rising expectations, I will point out that the last time that something was supposed to happen in a "few days," it took a month before we knew what it was.

If something does come in soon, then I will be pleased. However, one should not get one's hopes up.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

arod-1

Post by arod-1 »

Martin Blank wrote: .... the last time that something was supposed to happen in a "few days," it took a month before we knew what it was.
"a few" as in "quite a few".