All posts from a certain topic on one page?

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Tom_K

All posts from a certain topic on one page?

Post by Tom_K »

I saw this on a modded phpBB board and I thought it was very useful. There were still links to each page of the topic but in the end there was a link to display all the posts on one page. Will this be a feature of Olympus?

Martin Blank

Re: All posts from a certain topic on one page?

Post by Martin Blank »

I doubt it. Something like this can create enormous bandwidth issues.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

Tom_K

Post by Tom_K »

UBB.threads use this function and I haven't noticed any problems on sites that use their software. Wouldn't downloading the same images several times to open pages of posts create more bandwidth? By looking at all post on one page you only download the header and other images once.

ChALkeR

Post by ChALkeR »

Tom_K wrote: I saw this on a modded phpBB board and I thought it was very useful. There were still links to each page of the topic but in the end there was a link to display all the posts on one page. Will this be a feature of Olympus?
You have an answer there in your question :D :D
If it would not be a feature of Olympus then it will be a mod.
Probably.
If nobody will do this, you can write it yourself. ;)
Sorry for my bad English....

blobber

Post by blobber »

ChALkeR wrote:
Tom_K wrote: I saw this on a modded phpBB board and I thought it was very useful. There were still links to each page of the topic but in the end there was a link to display all the posts on one page. Will this be a feature of Olympus?
You have an answer there in your question :D :D
If it would not be a feature of Olympus then it will be a mod.
Probably.
If nobody will do this, you can write it yourself. ;)
I also think it sounds pretty useful, however apart from that: if it should really ever become an official feature it should definitely not only be optional for certain forums/users/groups, but also support the corresponding level of configuration, i.e. "max kilobytes per page", "only for browser that support gzipped HTML" etc.

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

It's a good idea, but a better idea would definatley to do this for at least the printable pages. I mean, you click on printable version, then you have to manually print each page!!!

blobber

Post by blobber »

stubbers wrote: It's a good idea, but a better idea would definatley to do this for at least the printable pages. I mean, you click on printable version, then you have to manually print each page!!!
That's actually simple to do, it could be as easy as providing an option (i.e. checkbox/select field) to allow users to decide whether they want to print the current page of the thread only, or the full thread.

But I agree, that sounds really useful, too.