CVS Statistics - New link on the main site

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
rivaldo

CVS Statistics - New link on the main site

Post by rivaldo »

shushu wrote: Great! Now all we can see that a lots of work is done. I am visiting the CVS page very often. So I think this is a new feature of this site.

One again - great I think!

If it is something old, then excuse me for this topic :roll:

The link is:
http://area51.phpbb.com/statcvs" target="_blank

Nice!
Phantom_90

Re: CVS Statistics - New link on the main site

Post by Phantom_90 »

indeed very nice stats :)
skibum

Post by skibum »

Just a simple observation form the commits list, but it looks like psotfx it just too busy with his life/job to work on the new release and the only checkins are being done by acydburn.
Unless there's a 2nd private codebase that we don't know about. You would think with all the "is it done posts" and how popular that phpBB is that people could gather up enough money to pay psotfx to work on it fulltime till this release is out, and then as he posted in another thread, he can let someone else takeover for the next release. But at the current rate of commits, I can't see phpBB 3 being out any time soon. I would love to be wrong though ;)
http://www.nbriders.ca" target="_blank
rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

Ugh, not this rehash again. Yes, personal lives have precedence over this project. This is a voluntary project - funds won't be raised by the community to the level that the guy can go quit his job to work on phpBB full-time. ...plus he wouldn't do that anyway - again... phpBB is voluntary. Yeah, there may be a private codebase of sorts, because the many pieces have interdependancies that have to be resolved before a commit to the CVS is made, in order to avoid breaking things. Finally... it comes out when it comes out...
skibum

Post by skibum »

I'm not saying that there's a problem with having a life over and above development on phpBB, I was just trying to make a simple observation on the checkins. Who is making them and who isn't making any.
Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

Some people won't take your comments so kindly because they both repeat things that have been said here dozens of times before, and because they rehash the things that the devs have already said in public.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.
skibum

Post by skibum »

Heh, I just thought it was related to the orignal post since it was all about keeping track of checkin stats. At one point I used to visit this site regularly, and was tied up in the "it's gotta be soon", but then I realized that it's not going to be soon, and only visit once a month to see if anything new has happened. So I guess I don't read all the old posts or all of what the devs post, just a few interesting looking posts on the first page. I just thought it was funny that the dev's have time to post, but not to code. :lol:
I'll just patiently wait for the release, I'm busy enough with my own site and life. phpBB3 will come out someday, I voted for August 13th, my gf's b-day, since my hope for a b-day present in January is long past ;)