Admin announcements

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
sharpwitz

Admin announcements

Post by sharpwitz »

Sometimes the admin has a big announcement that all users must read

But not all users will click on the forum/category for announcments.

So why not allow the admin to make an announcement page on the initial index.php ,but the same announcement should not show up on the other forums/subforums.
Also, doing all this without having to modify the index.tpl file and all the fancy html editing. It should all be done in the admin control panel.

The admin can set how long the announcment will show, ie 30 days starting on this date at this time.

here's a sample

http://mydentalshop.com/idea/sample.gif" target="_blank

in a way, it's kind of like a banner ad?

The category listings can show up below the announcment.

Aldenhier

Re: Admin announcements

Post by Aldenhier »

1, no feature requests or MOD requests in this forum.

2, search on phpbbhacks.com! ;) But I don't quite think there's an acutal mod like that. I might make something later, but only after 3.0 comes out! No use makeing something taht will go obsolete in less than one year! :roll:

-Aldenhier

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

phpBB 3.0 will have global announcements, shown at the top of every forum, and in the ucp, surely that's enough to make sure it's seen.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

sharpwitz

Post by sharpwitz »

I hope 3.0 will have the option to do announcements on the 1st page (index.php) only, in addition to announcement on every page. That could get annoying when you're going from category to category.

Lastof wrote: phpBB 3.0 will have global announcements, shown at the top of every forum, and in the ucp, surely that's enough to make sure it's seen.

{o}

Post by {o} »

Send e-mail...

sharpwitz

Post by sharpwitz »

Where do I send the email?
{o} wrote: Send e-mail...

{o}

Post by {o} »

ACP -> General -> Mass Email

sharpwitz

Post by sharpwitz »

Not everyone checks their emails and some people's email filter may put my email into the junk/bulk folder. It is an option to do mass email though. Thanks.

Aldenhier

Post by Aldenhier »

Also, isnt there the option for not recieving mail from admins and users? That would make it to where they wouldn't recieve any mass emails... :|

ve4jhj

Post by ve4jhj »

i believe there's still an option to disregard user's choice about that...which can be useful when an admin needs to get a mass email out to all members.
NO PM or IM support offered!!
thank you!