Today's Active Topics

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
sharpwitz

Today's Active Topics

Post by sharpwitz »

There should be links for today's active topics and overall active topics on phpbb initial page.

Admin management of active topics can state threshold of what is active

Example :
today - minimum (5) responses/day
overall - minimum (50) responses total

BioALIEN

Re: Today's Active Topics

Post by BioALIEN »

Each user can see how many new posts made since their absense. I understand where you're coming from.. but why would it be essential to put a daily topic counter?
BioALIEN
█ Secure your name before someone else does: TheMillionDollarAdvert.com
█ Get your permanent listing from $10 USD. You too can own a piece of internet history.
The moment you master the art of programming is the moment you program the art itself! - BioALIEN

sharpwitz

Post by sharpwitz »

Some members are VERY active and check the forums hourly so the daily active topics are for them. Weekly active topics are the folks who are active but only on the weekends.

The view posts since last visit is not the same as active topics, esp. if you've read the topic already and it suddenly becomes hot. Also, weekly active topics link is nice so that you don't have to view all the "posts since last visit" and try to filter out what's hot.
BioALIEN wrote: Each user can see how many new posts made since their absense. I understand where you're coming from.. but why would it be essential to put a daily topic counter?

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

Well I do visit at least daily and usually around 2 hours apart. This system works fine for me, I mean just mark all topics as read. Because I registered way after this board was opened, and I read every topic put on the Discussion Chit Chat and Feature Discussion sections. This works fine for me I just look for undread topics and usually won't log off until I have checked all of them and then checked back to the index to ensure that all topics have been read.

I know it's sad...