Uploading Avatars

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
sharpwitz

Uploading Avatars

Post by sharpwitz »

I think a good amount of users will agree with me that uploading Avatars is an issue with phpbb.

I've read a few threads that say it is not phpbb's fault but the hoster/server end and php security. Which I disagree.

Here is a simple php script that allows anyone to upload files onto my site. It works perfectly! yet, phpbb cannot allow my users to upload their avatars. People thrive on individuality, not having avatars does make a big difference on some sites.

http://webdev.mtnpeak.net/dlx/fileupload13.zip" target="_blank

BioALIEN

Re: Uploading Avatars

Post by BioALIEN »

What gives you the reason to think phpbb cannot upload avatars to your server?

Just make sure you chmod the avatar directory to 777 and tell the ACP to upload avatars and away you go :arrow:
BioALIEN
█ Secure your name before someone else does: TheMillionDollarAdvert.com
█ Get your permanent listing from $10 USD. You too can own a piece of internet history.
The moment you master the art of programming is the moment you program the art itself! - BioALIEN

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

BioALIEN wrote: What gives you the reason to think phpbb cannot upload avatars to your server?

Just make sure you chmod the avatar directory to 777 and tell the ACP to upload avatars and away you go :arrow:
Doesn't always work. I had problems, especially when trying to upload avatars that were on other sites, i.e. remote avatars.
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

sharpwitz

Post by sharpwitz »

It worked! Thanks!

BioALIEN wrote: What gives you the reason to think phpbb cannot upload avatars to your server?