Search spider

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
getout

Search spider

Post by getout »

hello, i just saw that new version has search spider detection. is it not available in old phpbb

Graham

Re: Search spider

Post by Graham »

No, it is a feature of this next version of phpBB, which is not available natively for the old version.

That said, there are a number of MODs that add support for this to 2.0 - please ask in the MOD Requests forum on the main site if you want one of these.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

Magnotta

Post by Magnotta »

Yes, Neothermic has said that he will be backporting the phpBB3 feature to phpBB2, and that the mod might appear in a BETA sometime soon. As well, Ptirhiik has said he will be making a similar feature, although I don;t know if it will be just template replacement for the bots, or if it will also include bots appearing on the who's online box as well. Lastly, if you don;t care about the bots appearing on the who's online box or anything, and just want the template replace feature for the bots, Cyberalien has posted code on his site that will let you send a different template to Googlebot(it requires using his eXtreme Styles mod however).

Phantom_90

Post by Phantom_90 »

I found a site where the have a list of ip numbers of a lot of spider/bots ( msn, google, av, lycos, enz) .

The list in phpbb2.1 is very slim and this one looks very compleet and update't. 8)

http://www.iplists.com/nw/ :idea:

Cap'n Refsmmat

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

I believe you can add robots to Olympus' list if you'd like.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

The code already exists for 2.0.x, I know, I wrote it :) So Neo shouldn't have any troubles doing it :)

crxgames

Post by crxgames »

Always was wondering that...