Justifying the name PHPBB3!

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
DragonlordP

Re: Justifying the name PHPBB3!

Post by DragonlordP »

Well anyway, I think that you could at least have a simple phpbb version and a Special edition with the most wanted features like quick reply, custom ranks etc. That way you can have everyone happy... and don't tell me that you don't care about what people ask for, if you didn't you wouldn't even publish phpbb, you could as well keep it for yourself. That's what I mean by "stubborn"..
If someone wants to have 10 or 15 mods it can be much work, they may conflict and mess up everything and if he's not that good with php he may have much trouble trying to fix it. You may say "well, HE wanted mods" but that's HIS decision, it's HIS board. So you can either tell him "go buy one of the other forum packages that arent free" or you can just make an extended version of phpbb and have EVERYONE happy... your call.
you live it or lie it

http://www.electricrequiem.com" target="_blank
greek metal forums and more

MouseAT

Post by MouseAT »

Or they could fill up the board with bloat that I'd never use.

For those who just want a single additional feature, well, that's what the mods are for.

If people really want all the feature bloat, I'm sure the community will create some pre-modded releases of phpBB, so those that want them can get them. Personally, I like the new board the way it is.

Spectral Dragon

Post by Spectral Dragon »

Who is so lazy they can't push a few extra buttons on a screen? I prefer to have those people OUT of my community. I think this is what the developers are trying to say. correct me if i am wrong :)

grön

Post by grön »

dhn wrote:
BioALIEN wrote: Quick Reply (show/hide)
Was discussed before, I would point you to our fine search system, but that is currently disabled. So just trust us when we are saying, that we do not think that a quick reply belongs into a forum software. We have our reasons.
BioALIEN wrote: Subscription system (enable/disable)
Not a feature that enough people need to warrant the implementation. Sorry.
BioALIEN wrote: WYSIWYG support in posting rather than BBCode
Was also discussed before. Again, we have our reasons.

We are trying to reach the best compromise with the features we include, remember that this is a board that 1000s of admins are going to use, all with different needs. We also do not have the time to put everything in users want, see how long this development took. We are Open Source, we are doing this in our free time. The developers all have real life jobs. They are not able to work 8hours a day on this board, like certain other companies.
I think all destions in these questions are rocking.... yheee by not inplating the spam-box and varius other *bep* we have the superior BB system!
Get Firefox and install the BBcode extension; then you are a real forum power user!
My reason for using phpBB is mrgreen
Peace-Love-Unity-STRENGTH