Fwd: Actmoitic Pm To Newbs

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
b3rx

Fwd: Actmoitic Pm To Newbs

Post by b3rx »

a friend of mine was wondering if an automatice prewritting message when new people register would be possible.

posted by Homer Simpson in a forum.
b3rx.com

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing..."

Image Image Image
tmhai

Re: Fwd: Actmoitic Pm To Newbs

Post by tmhai »

That would be great so that new members of the board could receive rules right to their inbox!
Go to my website at http://mybbgames.com" target="_blank and spread the MG '06 fever.
th23

Post by th23 »

Just activate the eMail confirmation and edit the text that will be sent to the users (include your rules)...and voila there is the feature :)

th23
b3rx

Post by b3rx »

is there no other way? i mean if you have a lot of rules, the email would be too long for the user to read, is there no way to have many emails to newbs?
b3rx.com

Image Image Image
th23

Post by th23 »

b3rx wrote: ...if you have a lot of rules, the email would be too long for the user to read, is there no way to have many emails to newbs?
:| Do you think if you send the user x times mails with different rules he will read them more carefully than if you send hin one with all rules?
b3rx

Post by b3rx »

lol... well, yep your right... it wont matter. but what my concern really is if we could somehow, organize the PM to newbs with the rules. im not sure if any of you understand.

eg.

email01 : general rule
email02 : avatar rule
email nth : nth rule
b3rx.com

Image Image Image
tmhai

Post by tmhai »

You could just use that neat tool in 2.2 to add Announcements to every user in their control panel
Go to my website at http://mybbgames.com" target="_blank and spread the MG '06 fever.
Paddy

Post by Paddy »

You know, from experience we can tell that nobody ever reads all the rules. Sometimes I have to wonder why to have rules at all, because 99% of members ignore them anyway :roll:
-jm-

Post by -jm- »

according to me the best thing is sending members confirmation mail with the link to the rules, placing rules in ucp and remember 'em every time they do something in your site that they approve rules and conditions of your forum while clicking submit

but the problem is always the same.
Users don't read the rules and behave badly => if they don't deserve immediate punishment you can invite 'em to read and abide the rules ... If they continue offending you can start punishment.
A user feels himself superior to your rules => you must punish him
I know that it's an hard work but if you don't work to apply your rules, they will always remain a bunch of characters written on a web page or on a mail.
b3rx

Post by b3rx »

thanks guys... that really helped.. i could say this topic is resolved and can now be closed.

:P
b3rx.com

Image Image Image