what happened to the karma?

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
who_cares

Re: what happened to the karma?

Post by who_cares »

is there going to be anything in place of karma to rate users
Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

In 3.0, no. It may show up later, but karma was dropped because they couldn't figure out a way to do things right. The fear was that a user could get buried in negative karma and never dig out from it, or could leap to karmic heights and never get brought back down. There was an extensive discussion on this over the course of several weeks; it should be relatively easy to find.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.
Hosting Geek

Post by Hosting Geek »

I know user in slashdot that suffer from this. They get one post modded down to 0 and their krama is bad even if their next TEN comments are modded +5...
bico

Post by bico »

@Blankety Blank Man: I like your approach to a fair and real Karma System, posted here.
CoreIssue

Post by CoreIssue »

Reputation points on a discussion and debate board are non starters. They discourage participation when an individual or group with an agenda use it to make people who disagree with them look bad.

Ends up in an attack counter attack with insults in, if required, a stated reason why they did the negative that the one receiving it receives.