will phpBB 2.2 also support MySQLi

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
sparkster

Re: will phpBB 2.2 also support MySQLi

Post by sparkster »

I'd suggest using the function calls would be easier based from phpBB's implementation but you could extend the mysqli object and just use that as the $db variable maybe if you did it right.

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

What? How could you not use the $db variable? lmao, you'd have to rewrite every single query....

Anyway, in the install.php script, mysqli is linked to the mysql4.php file; this could be a mistake or bug however.
Rob

tomek51

Post by tomek51 »

MySQLi is the way to go with MySQL 4.1.x and since 4.1 is stable I think this is a rather urgent requirement to support this...

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

tomek51 wrote:MySQLi is the way to go with MySQL 4.1.x and since 4.1 is stable I think this is a rather urgent requirement to support this...
Roberdin wrote:In the install.php script, mysqli is linked to the mysql4.php file; this could be a mistake or bug however.
Rob

Techboy

Post by Techboy »

Viperal2 wrote:If you need a Mysqli layer i can wipe an unoffical up for you.

Just post if you need it. ;)
hey, sorry to go bumping things, but i could be doing with this. it's rather unsafe having to run with no password, dontcha think?

olger901

Post by olger901 »

Note that coders of phpBB make their own code and will not borrow any of outside code, it's the same for MODs they do NOT use code of any mods but instead write it their own way.
-

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

olger901 wrote:Note that coders of phpBB make their own code and will not borrow any of outside code
Oh?
Recent CVS checkin wrote:

Code: Select all

--- 162,166 ----
  	// Determine the Browser the User is using, because of some nasty incompatibilities.
  	// borrowed from phpMyAdmin. :)
! 	$user_agent = (!empty($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'])) ? $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'] : '';

if (ereg('Opera(/| )([0-9].[0-9]{1,2})', $user_agent, $log_version))
But seriously, I know what ya mean :P
Rob