I'm lucky :P

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Acyd Burn

Re: I'm lucky :P

Post by Acyd Burn »

Thanks, we know how to code.

As said before, this is not the place to post "those type of things". ;) Using the CVS Version is at your own risk, take it as a gift where the person put it on your hands and runs away as fast as he can, you being unable to ask anything about this strange thing you hold in your hand. Those, knowing what this thingy is, and know how to get it to work, know the beauty of PHP, know the beauty of SQL, know the beauty of logical processing, or even learning this beauties but able to cope with them... yeah, those do not need to ask the runner. And beware, this thingy might have broken edges, be muddy and not do what you expect it to do... but this is only a glance at the final gift we give to you, not running away if it's enlarged in it's wonderful age, giving you your answers... but not now my friend, not now. :)

If you want to learn PHP, go to sites giving you the opportunity to learn PHP, this is not such site.

inhdub

Post by inhdub »

as I said before, this *beep* isn't working as expected, think it should work better with old PHP4, but I'm not going to use that, I'd better use PHP5, because it's new...

this script is using stuff which is above my brain. snd seems to me very un-logical, then I think it is much better to do something myself...

this messing with PHP5 is a very hot feature.... a reason to write something myself... I hope I learned something messing with this bad CVS....

geocator

Post by geocator »

Hmm lets see php 5 not even released yet and you want everyone to jump and make your UNCOMPLETED copy of phpBB work on it. Geeze it gets better every day.

SamG

Post by SamG »

inhdub wrote:... this script is using stuff which is above my brain. snd seems to me very un-logical, then I think it is much better to do something myself...

this messing with PHP5 is a very hot feature.... a reason to write something myself... I hope I learned something messing with this bad CVS....
Define "bad CVS" - or good CVS for that matter. Or maybe $bad_cvs == $stuff_above_my_brain ... ? :mrgreen:

I'm sorry ... I really should be nicer to new members.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

geocator wrote:Hmm lets see php 5 not even released yet and you want everyone to jump and make your UNCOMPLETED copy of phpBB work on it. Geeze it gets better every day.
The issue is more with 2.0.x rather than 2.1.x IMO...hopefully 2.0.9 will patch any known issues with 5...
A_Jelly_Doughnut

upsTex

Post by upsTex »

Code: Select all

<?php
include('smartness' . $phpEx);
while ($your_knowledge < $dev_knowledge)
  {
      echo("Don't touch the CVS!!<br />
Wait for a beta, and don't touch the code.");
  }
?>
Last edited by upsTex on Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
- upsTex

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

I think that logic might be slightly flawed...I run CVS just fine without knowing everything pso and Acyd do :D
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Graham

Post by Graham »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:The issue is more with 2.0.x rather than 2.1.x IMO...hopefully 2.0.9 will patch any known issues with 5...
Given that at least one of the issues the 2.0.x line has with PHP 5 is down to a PHP configuration setting (since the feature used by phpBB is deprecated but has to be kept in the code for PHP 3 support), I wouldn't put any money on it.

Of couse I haven't yet studied the latest CVS checking closely yet either, so it's always possible I'm wrong.

As for 2.1 CVS, what you see is a snapshot in time - there will quite probably be bugs which the developers already know about. Of course if you find a bug when the official Beta and RC versions come out, we will want to hear about it, but for now, reporting them is not really worht the effort since they might already have been "fixed" before you spot them.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

Graham wrote:
Given that at least one of the issues the 2.0.x line has with PHP 5 is down to a PHP configuration setting (since the feature used by phpBB is deprecated but has to be kept in the code for PHP 3 support), I wouldn't put any money on it.
Indeed, I'm running a number of phpBB2.0.x without issue on PHP5.0.0 (RC3) once that legacy PHP configuration value was changed.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

inhdub

Post by inhdub »

what I though I was telling someone who would try to make my mistake was, don't waste the time, wait until it's much much closer 2.2... I think PHP 5 RC3 is enough to say this...
then one thing..... don't waste your time on idiotic errors.... you'd much better downgrade you're server then waste time on making this stuff work on you're "latest-stuff-on-my-server-even-if-it-is-totally-useless"
I think it's because I couldn't compile RC3 I dl:ed CVS-version and compiled that one...
in a file with 1700 lines can PHP5CVS read something wrong :D
its realy funny that it expects a while, then I think it's clear that my PHP-installation can't understand what programmers done :P
I'll try a fresh CVS and check again :D I hope it isn't working... I still wan't some bad error I can't figure out, then I have a reason not trying to fix all simpler bugs (or my E_ALL policy :D)