I'm lucky :P

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
inhdub

I'm lucky :P

Post by inhdub »

I'm very lucky, no developer of this project....
this day is totally meaningless...
I got PHP 5 CVS working (with MySQLi)... I had a hard work getting installation script working and finally found some crazy errors in the code...

how to solve this one???

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ';', expecting T_WHILE in /server/serverstuff/web/boards/phpBB2/adm/admin_attachments.php on line 1267

I realy love it.... if you still wan't to use it can you give me a note and then can I give you my db_class :D
I can't recommend it... much better to write your own :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

dhn

Re: I'm lucky :P

Post by dhn »

It is a development version so small issues like that may come up. I suggest to look at the specific line mentioned in the error message. If you are able to fix it, do it. If not, we suggest to stay away from CVS until the first betas. :)

We cannot and will not give you support here. Use the search and read to find out why.

inhdub

Post by inhdub »

this was meant as a warning :P I can say one thing. there is something weird with admin_attachments.php... but I don't care... I don't use it now...

I didn't want support... just give my warnings :P
don't know what that while on line 1172 does :( 1632... but as I said, I don't care :P

inhdub

Post by inhdub »

just one little thing... why is it exptecting a while there?

or is it just that I can't read??

?>

hope someone can tell me that... I know, this isn't a forum for php-discussion.... but I think all here can try to figure that out.... or am I just a PHP-n00b???

q3utom

Post by q3utom »

dont post bug reports ! the code is still in progress so there will be bugs. Fix it yourself or dont use the CVS.

inhdub

Post by inhdub »

this is no bug report.... I just to wan't why it excpect a while...
or maybe a bug-report... maybe interesting for the team working with PHP...
why is there so many
while (sql-*beep*) ;
I can't figure out what they are for...
what I say is that that is a file with over 1700 lines with a error I think is very hard to figure out why it's happening...

Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

If you can't figure out something then wait for beta. CVS is for people who can fix everything themselves.

inhdub

Post by inhdub »

nonono, you're wrong, people who can fix everything themselves builds a own system :D

what I wan't to know is why these while-loops is writted the way they are....
maybe some idiotic bugfix, I don't know...

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

I could probably fix the bugs, and perhaps create a board like this myself. But I really don't have the time to do anything like that, and why bother to reinvent the (currently being invented) wheel?
Rob

inhdub

Post by inhdub »

I only say one more thing... if they wan't it working with PHP5 should they start with the work on it as fast as possible, there is a big, big work before they can be finished...
I think I can't wait that time....

good luck... I'm not going to make it working..... not for me at least :D I'm waiting for full release, until then will I save my stuff and let i be as it is....

still don't know why "while (...) ;

god bless you
// fredrik