phpBB 2.1/2.2 Development FAQ

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
zapps

Re: phpBB 2.1/2.2 Development FAQ

Post by zapps »

And what if he use IPB? At least IPB is functional, but I can't say the same thing about Olympus. Indeed, I also have the feeling that the project is stalled and there's no developer in charge with sustained work on Olympus.

Spectral Dragon

Re: phpBB 2.1/2.2 Development FAQ

Post by Spectral Dragon »

zapps wrote: And what if he use IPB? At least IPB is functional, but I can't say the same thing about Olympus. Indeed, I also have the feeling that the project is stalled and there's no developer in charge with sustained work on Olympus.
It should be quite obvious that Olympus is not functional or stable as it isn't done yet. This post just seems like a way to rile people up, making it quite pointless IMO.

Regardless, why don't we just wait to see how functional and stable it is when it comes out? IMO things like IBP and VB aren't functional at all: they are too overloaded with things I just don't need. Others will not think so. Truthfully, this is just my own personal opinion of the boards: other people will think they are great and wonderfull, that's fine, they are entitled to think that. Some won't like olympus. That's fine, but please do not try to come to the olympus boards and cuase trouble. I respect people's opinions but when it starts getting to the point where people are just saying things to rile people up then both sides look rather idiotic IMO.