ACP gallery navigation, et. al.

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
djhill

ACP gallery navigation, et. al.

Post by djhill »

[Disclaimer]I have 30 years in the business, from BAL to J2EE, but I'm a rank noob WRT php and phpBB. I'm also somewhat of a usability bigot, which I suppose stems from my chaotic good alignment ;)
[/Disclaimer]

While searching out BB solutions for a site I'm building, I spent most of the past 24 hrs on the main phpBB site, and have pretty much decided on phpBB as my forum solution. I've got a few wish list items, though, and rather than post stupid "Futures" questions there, I figured I should check out what's happening here.

While exploring, I ran into a navigation problem in the ACP gallery: when I clicked into the ACP "top" image, I viewed that, and then page 2. Page 3 is a subgallery menu for "Banning", and that page presents no further navigation options (other to click into the subgallery itself). Consequently, the remaining pages are inaccessible via the "standard" navigation techniques, and can only be viewed by returning to the top and accessing the subgalleries directly.

So my (reasonable) questions are...

Is the Gallery going to be a standard feature of 2.2?

Is the behavior I noted a characteristic of the current implementation of the Gallery, or an artifact of how the ACP gallery was set up?

Could the navigation be set up to allow the user to move seamlessly between subgalleries, either directly via Next, or via "Next Subgallery"?

On an unrelated topic, I noticed that all three of the Announcements (which appear to be "Global") yield "The requested topic does not exist." So, if I've broken any rules I can plead ignorance...

Now, some stupid questions...

What's "CVS"? A company? an acronym for something like "Current Validation System"?

Where can I find general status info, like a projected 2.2 release date? I know... "this year". But is that calendar, fiscal, galactic standard or third age?

Kudos to the team *and* the community (which is what's making me lean towards phpBB). I look forward to being a contributor in the future.
...Jeff

"Is it supposed to smoke like that?"

Skeleton

Re: ACP gallery navigation, et. al.

Post by Skeleton »

phpbb 2.2 release date is sometime in 2004.

CVS stands for concurrent versions system and allows dev's to share code more easily.

Corran

Post by Corran »

The gallery is not part of phpBB, it's just being used on this site so that people who want to see what the ACP looks like can see it.
Corran

Wert

Post by Wert »

^^^ What he said. Gallery is only being used to show some of the admin screens. It's not a part of phpBB at all and AFAIK is not planned to be.

But.... in the past, I believe (and could be wrong here) that folks have used mods to link the two scripts.

Need good web hosting? I recommend Hostrocket.

Corran

Post by Corran »

There was also Smartor's script which was a mod.
Corran