Better integration into a CMS in phpbb 2.2 ?

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
MHobbit

Re: Better integration into a CMS in phpbb 2.2 ?

Post by MHobbit »

Pharaoh Atem wrote: I would! ;) :roll: :lol: 8) :P :) :D :o :mrgreen:

Also, you need to give your crew more credit! You KNOW how the code works because you made it, and therefore you can make a better Portal than others! If you dedicate SOME time to it, it can be done and you can have quite a few happy people with phpBB's official portal system!

Also, when its finished, I hope to integrate phpBB Portal into Partly Modded phpBB. For now, we do not have a portal for it, and my friend and I are considering many things, but we prefer phpBB's own stuff!
I don't think that's very smart. Though what the phpBB Developers release are naturally going to be good, remember, as per the provided scenario, it'd just be an alpha of sorts. There are alternatives: alternatives that are much more mature and have been updated through the years.

Honestly, as per the above, if there's something out there that does what you need, by all means use it. Don't wait for something just because you know it's coded by good developers... there are other good developers out there too. At least, there are alternatives that are mature as well.

You're also assuming that the phpBB Portal will be finished. Who said it was going to be worked on? Didn't Acyd Burn just say above that currently it looks like it won't be revisited? /shrug
Former phpBB MOD Team Member - No support offered via IM, PM, or email

Michaelo

Re: Better integration into a CMS in phpbb 2.2 ?

Post by Michaelo »

I have no doubt whatsoever if the dev team produced an integrated phpbb portal it would soon become the most used portal baring none…however it would also result in changing the face of phpbb which scares the hell out of me…

Having said that, I would be the first to use… I could stop trying to design a portal and go back to my first love… designing templates…. Life could be so easy :mrgreen:

A portal was never promised it was just talked about, who know perhaps next year ;)
Mike
Mods: Forum Icons Enhancement, Kiss Portal Engine
Links:
Kiss Portal Engine (dev site) Stargate Portal (archive site) ...
Styles: Technika